Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PyroMenace

A conundrum with the cave paintings

So I'm on my second play through, really enjoying it so far btw, but I have an issue with getting one of the first cave paintings. It's the one at the beginning, the painting is on the other side of a well. Well I have the monk and I used his ability to get the bucket, however doing that prevents me from using the crank on the well which allows access to the other side. I found no other way to get through the well, is there a way or do I hope and see if I can get back to it at the end of the game again?

SPOILER

The legit way to do the puzzle involves using the crowbar on the well further ahead. Then taking the crank to the first well. You'll see how to get it then.

See but that's the issue. Once you have obtained the bucket with the monk, you can no longer use the crank on the well which then blocks the painting. I feel this is a design flaw with the game.

There are more of those if you use the time traveler to steel the gold coin from the dragon before you do the top area you can't get the glyph anymore that you need the clock elevator for.

Sign in to follow this