Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
antman

Frozen on loading - ps3

I topped up my ps3 wallet with $70, $55 of which I bought Ni No Kuni, and remaining $15 I bought this. I love double fine games, and a backer on kbackscatter, so knew I couldn't go wrong with this, and figured I'd play this while I wait for the other game to download.

Well after a few hours, some bad frame rate spots, but playable, I reach the zoo. What I can only assume are electric eels, I fell in, and as soon as I hit the water, my game froze. I left it for 5 - 10 minutes to see if it would improve, but it didn't. so I had to restart the ps3. but now when I g to continue in the main menu, it just never loads. I can still open the psn stuff, but when I go to quit game, the ps3 beeps then restarts.

After searching ps3 problems with this game, the only thing I could find relating to ps3 is that I shouldn't do background downloads while playing this game, which is the 1 thing I was doing lol... so have I lost my progress? I am primarily a PC gamer and only got it for ps3 for the coop which turned out to be sub-par, so if I do have to restart, I think I'll just get it on PC as I heard it's much better?

Hey antman! How full is the hard drive on your PS3? a lot of the problems we've been seeing with the console versions of the game are related to having either full HDDs or heavily fragmented ones.

Well I had to delete a few things to even fit the download, so it's pretty full lol. would a full hard drive cause it not to load? I do have a spare hard drive I think I could upgrade to, but that's something I can just Google.

edit: the current one in there is 120, but the spare I have is 500.

So it turns out the other drive is 1TB, not 500GB lol, i couldn't be bothered switching it out with one of the 2 500GB in my pc, so that's what's going in lol. thanks for the help, ill be sure to let you know if it works. need to backup my backup external drive just so i can format it to be able to backup the PS3, to change the drives lol, so may take a while.

Sign in to follow this