Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Smiles

Steam Issue, Cave Issue, or PC Issue? (Your Thoughts Appreciated)

So I downloaded the Cave on Wednesday, hoping to get some time today to play it. I've got my desktop icon Steam created for me, however whenever I try to launch the game (either through the icon or with steam's 'play' button) for the first initial setup, there is a brief flash of for about half a second:

"Performing first time setup...

Installing: step 1 of 3"

But then it never seems to do anything. I've installed enough Steam games to know it should stay for longer and progress through the initial steps. Any idea what could be going on here? I'm stuck.

Many thanks.

Smiles

So I downloaded the Cave on Wednesday, hoping to get some time today to play it. I've got my desktop icon Steam created for me, however whenever I try to launch the game (either through the icon or with steam's 'play' button) for the first initial setup, there is a brief flash of for about half a second:

"Performing first time setup...

Installing: step 1 of 3"

But then it never seems to do anything. I've installed enough Steam games to know it should stay for longer and progress through the initial steps. Any idea what could be going on here? I'm stuck.

Many thanks.

Smiles

Either delete the game and reinstall or verify the files.

At the start the game sometimes didn't install but said it did so reinstalling fixes it.

You can also go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheCave\Redist and run the files in there to make sure everything is installed correctly.

This is a somewhat common occurrence on Steam (for me, at least). Whenever this happens, I can usually fix it by deleting the game and re-downloading/re-installing it. It's inconvenient, but it almost always works.

Sign in to follow this