Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
robbttf

Savegame wont load - Xbox 360 version

Hi guys,

I have completed two playthroughs of the game successfully,

about halfway through my third - the game comes up with the xbox 360 error message:

"cannot read disc"

Obviously the game isn't on disc, so I though that was strange, but turned off my Xbox and tried again.

Now it gets back to the title screen and when i try to load my save game, it tells me it cannot load the save file.

Upon returning to the Xbox dashboard, i try to re-load The Cave, and I am again told that it "cannot read disc".

Has anyone else had these problems?

Is there a fix, will this be patched - because as of now i cannot play my savegame, and would have to start a new game in order to be able to play at all.

How full is your harddrive. They said the game can give problems if the xbox harddrive is too full.

I still have approximately 80 GB free, so I wouldn't think that should be an issue :/

Thank you for the suggestion though

I have the same problem. I can't load save file because of error "cannot read disc". I have over 150 GB free disk space. Is there any patch?

Hey Guys,

I'll post this again. I've spent around a day or two trying various things (kinda tells of my addiction to the game)

:)

- Deleted and re-installed the game few times

- Deleted some other games on HDD randomly, installed some free ones, and then installed The Cave. That's to try to force a game into other HDD sectors. Thought maybe then gone bad

- Formatted HDD and installed just The Cave

- Moved it to Flash drive (USB stick) and ran from there

No cigar. Still the same bug. For me it occured after...

SPOILER ALERT:

After Time Traveler puzzle where you enter a room and some lizard eats a character that goes forward. On a next screen it froze and I can't run it anymore

Hey Guys,

:::

SPOILER ALERT:

After Time Traveler puzzle where you enter a room and some lizard eats a character that goes forward. On a next screen it froze and I can't run it anymore

HI,

I confirm the problem with my case.

Same troubles, as the same moment, exactly after time traveler puzzle, freeze, crash, and no possibility to reload my saved game ...

Please, fix the problem.

I'd love DoubleFine Support to respond to any of such posts, so we'd know they're looking into it. "We're on it" would do.

Exact same problem here. Had a freeze after the Time Traveler puzzle and then had to restart 360 and then couldn't restore my save. Very frustrating because it takes some work getting there. I tried copying the file to the Cloud and loading from there. No luck. Was going to write a good review of this game but I'm thinking about doing the opposite if it's not patched soon.

Exact same problem here. Had a freeze after the Time Traveler puzzle and then had to restart 360 and then couldn't restore my save. Very frustrating because it takes some work getting there. I tried copying the file to the Cloud and loading from there. No luck. Was going to write a good review of this game but I'm thinking about doing the opposite if it's not patched soon.

To add to my original post, I too had the crash at this exact point - after the Time Traveller section, right after the cave lizard runs off one of my characters.

I tried copying to the Cloud too, and alas no luck.

Just want to add that I also have the same "disc error" Also just after the Time Traveller puzzle but I hadn't got as far as any lizard, the last thing i remember was the sleeping / snoring dog outside a door on the way back from the time machine.

I've tried downloading the game again, deleting the cache, copying them savegame to another storage device, but no luck I'm afraid.

This is shocking, I want my money back as this game is clearly "not fit for purpose". Is this possible?

I too am having the same issue, but in my case it froze right after the mine cart puzzle. I have tried deleting stuff, moving and copying my save game, but every time it just loads up and says that there is a disk read error. I guess I'm not too far into the game so I can just restart but it's a pretty big bummer.

Just chiming in to say my wife got this error too...after the Time Traveler part. She was walking underneath the Twins' area and it started going choppy and then crashed with the "disc is dirty" error. She had to start a new game.

It's at least comforting to know it's a bug and not just our hard drive going bad or something.

I should elaborate : same problem "disc unreadable", save file corrupted, xbox 360 elite, error occured under the mansion while playing time traveller, knight, monk, 150 GB free on HD.

Hey Guys! We believe we have a fix for this that will roll out in a future patch. We're mostly confident in it, but any more information about what you guys were doing at the time it occurred would help greatly in making sure we get fix all the instances of it.

DF Justin: Thaks for the confirming you are looking into this. I refuse to start to play the whole game again so the patch must enable my existing save game to re-load or I really do want my money refunded.

Thanks for a response Justin! Got your email as well. I really hope you'll nail this nasty bug. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a game as much. Especially being a game from a due that brought us magnificent Full Throttle back in a day :)

Onto the subject:

I can't say anything special about what I was doing when bug appeared. Nothing really. I was going through the level after finishing Time Traveler puzzle. My characters are Knight, Time Traveler and Hillbilly. Time Traveler was eaten by the lizard, then I went to the next screen, jumped down and at some point my character froze along with a whole game. I've restarted the console and tried to "Resume Game". There was a black screen and "Loading" sign in top right corner and then I was served with "Disk Unreadable" message. All attempts to resolve this I've described in previous post above (5th or 6th message from the top)

Kidg:

I'm also frustrated by top developers to release a product with so many issues across the platforms, but don't forget that you've paid $15 for a game that most $60 games don't usually get even close to in terms of content quality. It's a complex product. And sometimes good stuff requires patience. For different reasons. But then again maybe I'm more tolerant because my line of work is in software development :)) Take it easy!

Onto the subject:

I can't say anything special about what I was doing when bug appeared. Nothing really. I was going through the level after finishing Time Traveler puzzle. My characters are Knight, Time Traveler and Hillbilly. Time Traveler was eaten by the lizard, then I went to the next screen, jumped down and at some point my character froze along with a whole game. I've restarted the console and tried to "Resume Game". There was a black screen and "Loading" sign in top right corner and then I was served with "Disk Unreadable" message. All attempts to resolve this I've described in previous post above (5th or 6th message from the top)

This was more or less the same siutation for me.

I believe after the Time Traveller is eaten by the lizard, I tried to move forwards, then it crashed.

my game didnt crash - just finished the mine-part - "save & exit" and on the next day I tried to continue - "loading - disc error"

nothing helped - redownload game, copied game and/or savegame to USBmedia, cleared cache, ...

the savegame is broken - could start a new game - but .... dont want this happend again - so I dont play it until a patch is available - then I will give the game a second chance

I have the same problem after the mine cart puzzle, playing with the Knight, Twins, and Time Traveller. Very frustrating! I don't have the time to start the game over from scratch, so I guess I'll wait to see if the patch fixes my saved game.

I got same error using Time Traveler, Twins, and Knight in the same spot. After a lizard ate a character, I opened a cave painting and was able to see it, but the game froze on the cave painting screen. Rebooted system and now get the disc error message.

Sign in to follow this