Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
robbttf

Savegame wont load - Xbox 360 version

Got the same Problem after the mine cart part.

After falling down "cannot read disc" :-(

I'm playing adventurer, knight and scientist.

Please fix.

I'm still holding out replaying until a fix is possibly available. Don't feel like going through and wasting a few more hours if bug is still there.

Just got the disc read error. Playing knight, TT and hillbilly. Got very slow after the mine cart puzzle section so I save/quit and tried to reload. On Continue, got the error.

80+gb free on hdd, tried clearing cache. Have played through corrupted ending on 7/7, have played through good ending 6/7. This was my last playthrough to get good ending for hillbilly. Also noticed that I didnt get the "Dont fill up on fortune cookie" achievement. Unless I was thinking wrong and have to complete with 7/7 and not 3/3 during that playthrough.

Thanks-

Looking forward to the fix...

I too am having the same issue, but in my case it froze right after the mine cart puzzle. I have tried deleting stuff, moving and copying my save game, but every time it just loads up and says that there is a disk read error. I guess I'm not too far into the game so I can just restart but it's a pretty big bummer.

Just had the same error, right after the mine cart puzzle was completed

Te annoying thing is that I have been waiting to carry on playing the game since this error occurred.

I won't continue the game until the patch is out, as I don't want further problems and I want to continue from where I left off.

This wait is very aggravating.

I had this problem a few weeks ago came here saw that it was being worked on so I decided to play something else. I see now its been 6 weeks & still no fix so I may as well describe my situation.

This is a little fuzzy now (it has been a while since I've been able to play the game) but I was playing with knight/TT/HB, I loaded the game starting under the twins house with the key & the postcard (which had disappeared on me earlier & just reappeared again). It was lagging badly & it locked up on the same cave painting, then loading became impossible.

I consider myself a fan of Double Fine, I own every game they've made & Stacking was the most unadulterated fun I had playing a game last year but I really can't say it feels like a good deal paying 1200 points for a game I can't play.

I really hope a patch for this is released before any DLC is!

Hello doublefine,

yes yes, im not a cave but i've learned my lesson now:

DON'T BUY DOUBLEFINE XBOX GAMES

Thanks for nothing!

a satisfied customer

Just joining the chorus of those clamoring for a patch.

My details: Just got the game a few days ago. First playthrough. Had the Time Traveler, Monk and Adventurer. Completed the Mine, Pyramid and Time Travel boards. After the second encounter with the Crystal Beast at the Zoo (I believe), the Time Traveler looks at the Monk glyph on the wall. Cut to the Monk's storyboard. Game and Xbox crash. Upon restarting Xbox and relaunching game I get the "cannot read disc" that others have reported.

Hope the patch efforts are going well. I still believe in you, DoubleFine.

I also had this error, but I wasn't playing with the Time Traveler. I was using Knight, Hillbilly, and Adventurer, and got the error message at some point after completing the Hillbilly's area.

Since then, I've also started experiencing the same error in other games (Mass Effect 3), which I had never encountered previously.

I've moved the Cave off my hard drive, just in case. A patch would be appreciated.

I had gotten the disc read error with a few other games for a while now. ME3 being one of them, but that not being the most polished game I can't say I was surprised.

Usually it was only on start up and if I opened & closed the disc tray beforehand I wouldn't get the error so I figured it was some issue between my console and specific games.

This is the only time I have gotten the error on a game which doesn't actually use a disc however. It would be funny if it didn't make the game completely unplayable.

Hi all, we are working to get a patch out to everyone as soon as possible. But unfortunately we don't have a solid ETA for you yet. We have a patch currently in test which still has to work its way through Microsoft's certification process. We apologize for this issue but we are working hard to get a fix out there for everyone as soon as possible.

Still no patch?

This game has been out for a long time, and basically I haven't been able to play it since two days after release.

Terrible

Word.

I'm beginning to feel bad that I've made a dozen posts now, all of which complaining about the same problem but I guess I'll stop complaining about it when its actually fixed.

I also got this error after TT puzzle at the screen where there is an elevator that needs to be used to lift a box.

I tried re-installing and clearing the cache, but I always get the "unable to read disc" -error shortly after selecting "Continue" in the main screen.

So Double Fine: when is the update going to be available and do players have to restart the game from the beginning, or does the patch also fix the (seemingly corrupted) save file?

So I've not been able to play this game since January - it cost me £10 and is totally unusable. I want my money back now - you've had your chance to fix it - if this was any other product or goods in a physical form I would have had my money back a long time ago. Please advise how I can get a refund.

Thanks.

We have a patch that is in Microsoft's hands now. It will be live as soon as possible.

I downloaded a patch the evening of May 15th and than played through the mine cart level. The game started dropping frames so I decided to save and restart. It was then that I got this same game error.

I follow the instructions and opened up the hard drive casing and tried wiping the disc with a clean cloth, but now it won't read my drive at all. :(

Long story short, I hope that wasn't this same patch because I don't think it fixed the issue. I'm going to try re-downloading it and see if that helps.

So the patch I waited 3 months for might not actually fix the only thing it was supposed to fix?

I already need to start again so I REALLY hope this isn't the case.

So the patch I waited 3 months for might not actually fix the only thing it was supposed to fix?

I already need to start again so I REALLY hope this isn't the case.

Well I did google and not actually find any news for a patch coming out, so perhaps I was mistaken on what was getting patched. I assume if it was an old patch it would have been rolled into the game download by now, which I downloaded on like Monday, so now I'm just confused.

We have a patch that is in Microsoft's hands now. It will be live as soon as possible.

I downloaded a patch the evening of May 15th and than played through the mine cart level. The game started dropping frames so I decided to save and restart. It was then that I got this same game error.

I follow the instructions and opened up the hard drive casing and tried wiping the disc with a clean cloth, but now it won't read my drive at all. :(

Long story short, I hope that wasn't this same patch because I don't think it fixed the issue. I'm going to try re-downloading it and see if that helps.

you opened your hard drive case and cleaned the HD disc?

The patch has fixed the known major issues with the game.

What exactly happened in your case....before you cleaned the HD.

Sign in to follow this