Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
robbttf

Savegame wont load - Xbox 360 version

you opened your hard drive case and cleaned the HD disc?

The patch has fixed the known major issues with the game.

What exactly happened in your case....before you cleaned the HD.

I didn't open the hard drive up, that was my poor attempt at humor.

I was playing with the Hillbilly, Time Traveler, and Scientist and had completed up through the Mine level and the Carnival level. I'm not sure where I was after that but I recall I had taken the Hillbilly through some long underwater passage going off to the right when I noticed the game stuttering. After that I decided to save and restart the game. When clicking to continue I was greeted by the "game error" popup that others have described. I think I was saved in the middle of the carnival, but I could be wrong, when installed the game update.

Good lord after all this waiting I just don't care anymore. The patch may well have fixed everything but Im trying to do the no death run, died halfway thru the minecart area quit to dashboard went back to the game and realised I had to do it again from scratch, not to mention then 4 more times if I want all the achievements.

I know its my own fault for not saving etc but I realised I'm now only playing for the achievements im having no fun with it and so I just don't care anymore, think I'll move on.

4 months later, I thought it was fixed when I started the game, yeah, downloaded the patch, and I hoped that four months later, I could continue the game I started. game over. Nothing has changed, the game always crash at the same time with the same error ... Nothing has changed.

I think the worst part is that the game will be sold off (50%? By summer), whereas I would have paid full price for anything ...

epic failed.

Can someone clarify for me - I loaded up the game after hearing a new patch was available, downloaded and applied the new patch (on the 21st May) but when I try to load my Save game I got the same error, the game didn't load, and I am told to 'clean the disc'!

So is there another patch due to fix this error, or was this patch suppose to fix the initial problem - if so, it hasn't!

Nearly 6 months now, please can I have my money back...

I don't think the patch was supposed to fix the corrupted save I think it was just supposed to fix the error which causes the save to corrupt....which apparently it didn't.

Sign in to follow this