Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
XtremeG

Any chance of DLC?

Love the game and about to start my 3rd play-through. I think it would be great if there was DLC added down the line featuring more characters. Probably not likely for $15 game but I would definitely buy it.

I recall them saying in an interview that they had no immediate plans for DLC, but it doesn't rule out the possibility of DLC in the future.

If they ever did do a DLC that adds new characters you can play in the game, here are some new characters I would like to see be added:

1. The Robot

2. The Zombie

3. The Vampire

4. The Witch

5. The Monster

6. The Super Hero

7. The Pirate

8. The Ghost

So, what do you guys think?

They had a clown one time on the list but was scrapped as a character maybe they took some of the scrapped characters as a group.

They had a clown one time on the list but was scrapped as a character maybe they took some of the scrapped characters as a group.

I'm guessing the 'Thespian Award' was part of the Clown's original desire, recognition on a level of sophistication he feels is above himself. Feeling like he was trapped at the bottom of the rungs, doing something beneath him and with a desire to get what he wanted through any means necessary.

If they did do DLC, the characters would have to have some depth to them, like the existing characters do, in order to fit in. I'm not sure they can just shoe-horn in a load of new themed characters without breaking a lot of the meaning that the game encompasses.

I'd certainly pay for that, though I'm not sure how it would work with the existing design -- only if it would allow you to jump straight to that character's level would it make sense (you wouldn't want to replay the first level, or other character's levels, all the time). Not sure if it would be creatively challening enough to Gilbert and the team though. But it'd be great fun. If they work on a totally different new adventure, it might be even more fun though... who knows. I'd love to get a bigger story line again, and ideally something more in the future (I really enjoyed the Time Traveller's level).

Of the top list of characters I like The Ghost, and really like The Superhero. Robot is nice too. Monster, Witch, Vampire, Zombie, Pirate -- well, keep in mind the gist of every story is ...

SPOILER

... someone turning evil, which kind of requires a non-evil basic setup character I suppose (a zombie doesn't TURN evil, it IS evil).

... The Ghost ... Zombie ...

Aren't The Twins one or both of these?

I agree that storylines for those other characters already in the game would be cool. I forget who the first three in the gift shop are, but them too (before your first playthrough).

Aside from the obvious Clown, Robot, Pirate characters, I also wanna know that the deal is with the character holding the cursed guitar and the thespian award at the very beginning of the game.

Aside from the obvious Clown, Robot, Pirate characters, I also wanna know that the deal is with the character holding the cursed guitar and the thespian award at the very beginning of the game.

The cursed guitar is a reference to Brutal Legend, with a skeletal Eddy Riggs holding the guitar.

The Thesp Award I addressed a few posts back on this thread, I think it was originally designed for the Clown, symbolising his desire for recognition for his talents / desire to do more.

I think the crystal skull likely belonged to the pirate, symbolising his desire for great treasure.

If they ever did do a DLC that adds new characters you can play in the game, here are some new characters I would like to see be added:

1. The Robot

2. The Zombie

3. The Vampire

4. The Witch

5. The Monster

6. The Super Hero

7. The Pirate

8. The Ghost

So, what do you guys think?

Are you looking for The Cave DLC or Costume Quest DLC?

I kid, I kid.

I would love to see some character DLC, Recently started playing obsessively again after taking a break for a few weeks, but I've played it so much that I can just about play with my eyes closed.

Sign in to follow this