Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
drops

PS3 Bugs

Hi,

I just played through The Cave once and found these issues:

- on several occasions the collision detection with the floor got broken causing the character to be stuck knee-deep in the floor. I had to exit the game and continue from save game to get the character unstuck.

- one the island at the top next to the chess-playing hermit I was able to jump into the pool with the water wheel from the right and swim outside of the pool under the floor to the left of it.

- On the prehistoric level the well is only restored if the characters pull the stone wheel. That's illogical it should also work if they pushed it to the side and their bones would then block the wheel.

- It is hard to pick up items that came out of a machine. For example the hotdog from the hunteress' machine. It takes a minute of fussing around until you manage to pick up the hot dog

- Same is on places where you have a cave painting glyph and an item in front of it. It seems to prefer to re-show you the painting as opposed to prioritizing the item.

- When running a long way it looks like my PS3 is occasionally dropping frame causing the beautifully smooth 3D scrolling to visually deteriorate a bit.

- I saw one place where the shading in the background pops in with a darker overlay over a light shade. This also degrades the visuals a bit, probably unnecessarily.

I hope that someone can forward these to the QA Team.

kind regards

Oliver Drobnik

www.cocoanetics.com

Hi,

I just played through The Cave once and found these issues:

- on several occasions the collision detection with the floor got broken causing the character to be stuck knee-deep in the floor. I had to exit the game and continue from save game to get the character unstuck.

- one the island at the top next to the chess-playing hermit I was able to jump into the pool with the water wheel from the right and swim outside of the pool under the floor to the left of it.

- On the prehistoric level the well is only restored if the characters pull the stone wheel. That's illogical it should also work if they pushed it to the side and their bones would then block the wheel.

- It is hard to pick up items that came out of a machine. For example the hotdog from the hunteress' machine. It takes a minute of fussing around until you manage to pick up the hot dog

- Same is on places where you have a cave painting glyph and an item in front of it. It seems to prefer to re-show you the painting as opposed to prioritizing the item.

- When running a long way it looks like my PS3 is occasionally dropping frame causing the beautifully smooth 3D scrolling to visually deteriorate a bit.

- I saw one place where the shading in the background pops in with a darker overlay over a light shade. This also degrades the visuals a bit, probably unnecessarily.

I hope that someone can forward these to the QA Team.

kind regards

Oliver Drobnik

www.cocoanetics.com

On getting stuck just kill your character. It will get resetted.

The stone you can also do it pushing but you need to hold the grab button while character swapping so he wont let go.

On the items use the other button you have 1 use button and 1 swap/pickup item button.

Aha, thanks. Nevertheless I posted my bug reports for somebody to make something of it, not to rant or complain.

Sign in to follow this