Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
skwi

Unable to continue due to glitch in Monk segment

When I started up The Cave I noticed that I had run into a kind of game breaking glitch. I had just completed the second monk trial and when I fired up the game again today I noticed that the bridge you need to break in order to get to the underground complex for the monk segment had mysteriously returned. Now this wouldn't be that much of a problem except that two of my characters are in the complex and one is above ground and since you need all three characters to break the bridge I can't get her back down and I can't continue as I need all characters inside the complex to complete the monk trials.

Is there anything I can do to solve this so I can continue or do I need to start a new game?

Can you move the two "inside" characters really close to the bridge, then kill them using 9 or 0? They might respawn outside and be able to break the bridge with the third character.

Good suggestion, tried that but unfortunately they just spawned back inside the complex. I assume you have to pass some point above the bridge to get a respawn point on that side.

Same problem : hostingpics(dot)net/viewer.php?id=335021thecavebug.jpg

Seems that a lot of people has been stuck at this point...

I hope a cheatcode to TP the two others characters to the one controlled will be released lol

There might also be a chance that if you keep going forward the other characters will warp to you for the next segment when you need more then one. There are a few places like that in some of the levels.

At least you helped find one of the odd bugs in the game.

The fact is you cant go at the top left of the temple or the bottom right nothing happens, the distance is huuuuge but it's the same segment. Also, the character with the ability to open the door is the monk (the one blocked lol) would not be funny :D

Hey Guys, sorry you're affected by this!

This should be fixed in the next patch, but if you want to progress you have two options, one of which requires a slight amount of patience.

Option 1: Start a new game. This totally sucks, but you won't lose any cave paintings you've unlocked or any progress towards acheivements. It's also helpful in the fact that you can start playing immediately.

Option 2: Send your save file to support AT doublefine DOT com with a description saying something along the lines of "The monk puzzle broke me! My characters were Monk, (Blank) and (Blank) so please fix me!" (Use the characters you had, or I will mock your copy/paste fail.) I'll then fix your save file as much as I can and send it back to you. There is a bit of a queue for this though, so your patience is appreciated, and kind of unnecessary =)

Edit 8.20.2013 - Anyone still looking at this post, we're sorry but we're no longer editing save files. Sorry if you missed out on this =/

Thanks for the heads-up Justin!

Good to know that you won't loose the cave paintings by starting a new game, was a bit hesitant about doing that in case I would loose the paintings. Might start a new game then with the Monk and the characters I haven't tried yet if the urge to play gets to bad before the patch is live :).

@JundtDH Before making the thread I checked a walkthrough just in case it wasn't a glitch and just me missing something, as it turns out I need all three characters to complete the puzzle I'm currently on so no luck of having them warped to me =(.

Sign in to follow this