Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Leroy Octopus

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

This is coming out in a week, and I couldn't be happier about it! 3D platformers are scarce these days unless they have Mario, Ratchet, or Sonic in them. Its really a shame too. This genre is always so colorful, but we haven't really seen what can be with them on current gen systems much. I really want this game to do well and spark a return of the genre.

This is coming out in a week, and I couldn't be happier about it! 3D platformers are scarce these days unless they have Mario, Ratchet, or Sonic in them. Its really a shame too. This genre is always so colorful, but we haven't really seen what can be with them on current gen systems much. I really want this game to do well and spark a return of the genre.

I can't wait to get my hands on it as well. I did pre-order it before they lowered the price, so the people at gamestop let me have the extra money I put on it and I bought a wii u gift card so that I could get the cave.

I do fell like paltformers are really falling behind all the shooters and sports games as of late. I hope that they start making more of them because thats what got me in to gaming in the first and I do want to play a new crash bandicoot too.

Depends on where you live. Europe is apparently not getting it until the end of March for some reason.

I live in the states, currently. :3

Does that mean I get priority--hahahaa... because, you know, everything seems to come out first over here than anywhere else.

I never though that Bentley needed any help with tech, who knew.

HJ7YNnQyWZQ

I feel bad for everyone in Europe who wont get it tell march.

About 14 hours left. Can't wait to play with the pre order bonuses.

-wOEyfgdr74

Guess I need to get around to finishing up the Sly Collection.. at least the first one.. :red:

It's been so long since I heard about this I only recently found out it was released.

Still, is it any good? I haven't heard negative things and I love me some Sly Cooper.

It's not as good as the originals. The mission variety and pacing isn't nearly as good, but the basic gameplay feels right. The story is pretty great too. Its definitely fun though. Its also only $40, so there's that. I could see a fifth game being a lot better now that Sanzaru has the basics down.

I'm normally more patient about games, willing to wait until they are cheaper. But I can honestly say this is one of those rare instances where I'm fairly annoyed a game was released while I was in between pay checks.

I'm just happy to hear that it isn't terrible. Now I have some faith in the developer.
Yeah, its actually pretty good. I just wish there weren't so many "tail the bad guy" and "sneak in there to steal that" missions. People have complained about the boss fights, but I thought the only bad one so far was the one in the ice age level. The heists themselves are a little disappointing though.

this thread is over a month old but whateverrrr this game man id been waiting for this for 8 years ok i thought it was really good its got a different tone than the first 3 but im glad they didn't try to copycat sucker punch and just sorta went their own way with it and i thought there were a lot less tailing and sneaking missions than they had in 2 2 was like follow ppl city but they added a lot of really cool things to this one i thought it turned out pretty awesome except for like the last level but thats whatever

I may have just been at a part of the game where there was a lot of tailing and sneaking missions. Still it could have used some more variety overall. Specifically with Sony's ancestors. They're pretty much just Sly except they can do one or two things that he can't and can't do a lot of things that Sly can. Tennessee Kid Cooper was my favorite, just because he was so different than the others. I also thought some of Sly's outfits were just kind of lame and not very useful. Still, like I said, its a great game. I really loved the storyline. The animated cutscenes were more engaging than Sucker Punch's motion comic ones. Plus, it really does look gorgeous.

i really liked what they did with the outfits actually, considering how entirely pointless they were in 3. I was like "whoa im actually usin them for things now". I think there was a little too much need for the archer costume and not enough need for the others, but they're all still pretty nice to have and even the worst one is worlds better than any of the honor among thieves ones.

I only really thought bob and galleth fell short as far as ancestors go, rioichi was pretty cool and salim having a paraglider-esque situation was really nice. Tennessee was awesome as aforementioned, his was the only level i felt the need to just go back and run around in because it was so fun to play.

plus i really liked the additions to bentleys hacking system and the arcade and table tennis and all the new things to find and collect i though it added a decent amount of variety personally

Oh, I totally forgot about the arcade. I kept checking to see if it was working, but I think I forgot about it after a while.

I just found some of these last night and thought I should post them.

The answer to why Murray doesn't wear pants.

BwB0Ew9MmEA

Sly trying to give away whats in the game.

PPQK8AL6C_U

Carmelita is looking for love.

nXiyGu7gOZM

Sign in to follow this