Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tecknomage

The Knight - Knight's Castle Problem

I'm in the Knight's Castle and trying to get the Amulet from the dragon.

PROBLEM: When I have The Knight go into 'Invulnerable Mode' (IM) to distract the dragon (while a 2nd character tries to grab the amulet) the SLIGHTEST move by The Knight causes the IM to turn off.

Even the very few times he CAN distract the dragon with IM on, the dragon goes back to sleep and my 2nd character cannot dash-in to grab the amulet.

Is there no way to get IM to stay on while moving?

No, you can't move, just jump in close and turn on invulnerability while the dragon's lifting his head. After that it doesn't matter if he dies, unless you're going for the achievement, in which case just have your other character grab the treasure and start moving up to the castle - the dragon will probably disappear without killing the night.

I don't understand where your problem could be, beyond that.

The best way to do this is to climb on the food bowl and then jump from that and then turn on Invulnerability Mode. You should have plenty of time that way.

Note, I forgot to say I play The Cave on my PC.

No matter what I do I cannot move my 2nd character to grab the Amulet without my 2nd character getting killed.

I'm not sure why IM is ending early for you as the knight should just sit there distracting the dragon once you leave him there with IM on. I've gone through the knight's area twice on PC and never had an issue with that puzzle. I'm pretty sure I held down the ability button (Q) while pressing the key to switch to the other character when I did it, and the knight stood there using his ability just like he's supposed to. Still had to be quick since the dragon will only be distracted for so long, though.

You cannot move the knight at all and you have a very limited time to get a second member to grab the dragons coin. I play on PC as well. If you want to see it done, watch my LP here... There are no spoilers beyond the knights mission. As you can see though, you have to be fast to get the dragons coin.

LGKWI9x3wt0

I use my PC KB. Don't like controllers nor Consoles.

I have viewed the video walkthrough, but what the video shows for getting the Amulet from the dragon does NOT work for me.

Again, I can never get the dragon distracted long enough to have my 2nd character dash in and grab the Amulet. My 2nd character dies every time.

You need to be really fast jump and invis to the dragon and then immediately pick it up on the other side.

Sign in to follow this