Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hooble

WiiU version: Please give us save files to chose from

The "continue" and "new game" shouldn't both be in the main selection right at the start if there is only one save file. When you have small children, it's too easy for them to hit the new game option and kill your progress forever. Wouldn't be as big of an issue of the game didn't auto save almost immediately after hitting new game. There seems to be no recovering your progress after that menu option is chosen, all because of the auto-save.

Well yeah, but that still doesn't fix how easy it is to wipe out the save file. It only prevents little ones from running the game when not logged in as a parent, or not already running the game. I've got small kids, and this is the only game I've experienced data loss on save games simply due to the ease of erasing the game. Other games make you at least go through a couple different menu screens.

In my case, it's the 6yr old. Old enough to navigate through menus by recognition, but they don't really have any comprehension of the words in the menus.

Lol, I don't want to check it now. The kids have restarted the game for the 3rd or 4th time already.

I have a question related to this:

Does anybody know, if The Cave supports one unique savegame for each user on the Wii U, or is the single save locked to the whole console?

Sorry there wasn't enough of a warning before starting a new game! But all the saves on the system are per-user, so your original save data will be fine if you just switch accounts to start a new game. And you can always password-protect your original account if you want to make sure no one accidentally overwrites it :)

Sign in to follow this