Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jilkon

Impossible to clear The Adventurer's part on PS3

For some reason it is not possible to jump off ladders properly as The Adventurer on the PS3 version of the game. This makes the final ladder climb after the sarcophagus falls impossible. The Time Traveller can make the jump no problem, grabbing the ledge like she's supposed to. She can also do a horizontal jump so that she doesn't even have to grab the ledge. But when using The Adventurer (and The Hillbilly, as I found out during my experimentation) this simply does not work. They just execute the "fall off the side" animation and don't grab the ledge. Every guide or video I've seen of this area seem to be using the 360 or PC versions of the game and the bug is not present there.

I'm not sure if there are any plans on patching this game on PS3, but I sure hope there are. Because I want to keep playing, but right now it's basically just suck it up and restart with different dudes or play something else. Not so hot. I suppose I came here asking for advice, but there's not really much to give.

I don't know if it's hero specific or because of hero combinations, so the exact setup is Left: Adventurer, Up: Time Traveler, Right: Hillbilly.

For some reason it is not possible to jump off ladders properly as The Adventurer on the PS3 version of the game. This makes the final ladder climb after the sarcophagus falls impossible. The Time Traveller can make the jump no problem, grabbing the ledge like she's supposed to. She can also do a horizontal jump so that she doesn't even have to grab the ledge. But when using The Adventurer (and The Hillbilly, as I found out during my experimentation) this simply does not work. They just execute the "fall off the side" animation and don't grab the ledge. Every guide or video I've seen of this area seem to be using the 360 or PC versions of the game and the bug is not present there.

I'm not sure if there are any plans on patching this game on PS3, but I sure hope there are. Because I want to keep playing, but right now it's basically just suck it up and restart with different dudes or play something else. Not so hot. I suppose I came here asking for advice, but there's not really much to give.

I don't know if it's hero specific or because of hero combinations, so the exact setup is Left: Adventurer, Up: Time Traveler, Right: Hillbilly.

Might you be using an Asian PS3 by any chance? Refer to this page (http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/8427/P150/) for people with the same problem. That makes 4 of us so far.

Might you be using an Asian PS3 by any chance? Refer to this page (http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/8427/P150/) for people with the same problem. That makes 4 of us so far.

I do have a Japanese PS3, and I doubt that it's a coincidence that we all get this bug. You'd think it might be related to the reversed function of O and X, but The Cave changes the buttons to a unified setup regardless of console region. I suppose it might still be related... but yeah.

Yeah same here, Japanese PS3 and stuck on my second playthrough because I can't just from the ladder at the end of the level.

also Asian ps3 and having the exact same problem

I am stuck as well. Is there is a roadmap to fix this issue? I have finished the game with other characters with managable glitches. I would like to finish with Adventurer as well.

By the way, despite its glitches, its a great game (Am usually "very" demanding when playing games). Hats off!

We have a title update planned to fix this issue, but I can't share dates and things as they are in flux most of the time, and there's always red tape. ALWAYS. In the meantime, there has been some reports of success with remapping your jump button to a different input, so give that a try.

In the meantime, there has been some reports of success with remapping your jump button to a different input, so give that a try.

I think this is only possible with a modded / hacked PS3, or is there some option that I am missing?

In the meantime, there has been some reports of success with remapping your jump button to a different input, so give that a try.

I think this is only possible with a modded / hacked PS3, or is there some option that I am missing?

In the pause menu you can reassign your button mappings under options.

In the pause menu you can reassign your button mappings under options.

I did check that but I only have the option to view my controls, not change them. I get the same if I pause during the game or go into the settings before I start the game. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong though, so I'll try again.

It doesn't seem possible to re-map your buttons in the PS3 version of the game. Either way it's great to know that there's an update in the works.

It doesn't seem possible to re-map your buttons in the PS3 version of the game. Either way it's great to know that there's an update in the works.

Glad to know I haven't just gone mad.

Luckily my version of 'Ni no Kuni' has arrived from the UK so I can tide myself over with that for now.

This. I cannot remap my keys in the PS3 version either. Will that option be in the latest patch?

OK I just tried to start The Cave and got a prompt to install version 1.01. It seems to have deleted my saves.. is there any way to get them back? Note that the update says it is for the trial version of the game but I don't know if it matters?

Before I start playing again from the start, does this update resolve the issue with the adventurer jumping from ladders? What does it "fix"?

I'd recommend people hold off on the update until someone lets us know what it does.

I don't want to be grumpy about this, I'm trying to be patient, and I work in software support of high availability systems to believe me I know the pain of patches, but can someone just give us a clue about when I might be able to complete the game I bought months ago? Please?

OK I just tried to start The Cave and got a prompt to install version 1.01. It seems to have deleted my saves.. is there any way to get them back? Note that the update says it is for the trial version of the game but I don't know if it matters?

There technically is no non-trial/"full game" listed on the PSN. When you buy it (even without downloading the demo first), it will download the trial and the unlock key at the same time, so that answers that question.

Do you know if that patch fixed the problem for The Adventurer's part? I booted up my PS3 after reading your post, but it didn't prompt me to download any update :/ I have a Japanese PS3, in Japan, using the Canadian PSN. I assume I would get the update too...

There technically is no non-trial/"full game" listed on the PSN. When you buy it (even without downloading the demo first), it will download the trial and the unlock key at the same time, so that answers that question.

Makes sense, just thought I'd mention it in case it was relevant.

Do you know if that patch fixed the problem for The Adventurer's part? I booted up my PS3 after reading your post, but it didn't prompt me to download any update :/ I have a Japanese PS3, in Japan, using the Canadian PSN. I assume I would get the update too...

I still haven't updated my PS3 to 4.40 or whatever the new version is, but I doubt that makes any difference. I just fired up The Cave when I read about others getting the 1.01 update and it asked me to install. I have a Japanese PS3 but downloaded The Cave from the UK PSN.

I haven't played through to the part of the game we were stuck at yet, as my save game is definitely gone (yey) so I have to start again, but at least in the opening section I can jump from the top of ladders with The Adventurer, so it seems positive. I'll try and play through to that part soon and update with a definite yes or no.

It would be nice to know what update 1.01 does or does not fix but all seems quiet on that, unfortunately.

Hey hey, played through to that section and now I CAN jump from the top of the ladder and complete The Adventurer's section!

But my save game is long gone.. and no updates about that in this thread nor the one specifically about PS3 save games being gone. I thought the admins were watching these threads but maybe I should PM DF Justin and see if he can let us know any more.

Hey hey, played through to that section and now I CAN jump from the top of the ladder and complete The Adventurer's section!

But my save game is long gone.. and no updates about that in this thread nor the one specifically about PS3 save games being gone. I thought the admins were watching these threads but maybe I should PM DF Justin and see if he can let us know any more.

Good news! When I booted up The Cave a couple days ago, it didn't ask me for an update, but I've moved my data over to my new (Ni No Kuni limited edition!) slim PS3 and re-downloaded The Cave, so hopefully it asks me to update it this time.

Good news! When I booted up The Cave a couple days ago, it didn't ask me for an update, but I've moved my data over to my new (Ni No Kuni limited edition!) slim PS3 and re-downloaded The Cave, so hopefully it asks me to update it this time.

I also purchased in the US Store, using my Asia (Taiwan) PS3. I have not revived an update :(

Has the update been withdrawn, possibly because the issue with deleted save files...?

If it's supposed to be still there, can the update be forced, somehow? I tried reinstalling (kept my save file though) and also starting the game with the US account, but to no avail.

No, the update has not been pulled from the PSN store in any territory. The removal of previous save data is concerning and we are trying to reproduce this internally to see what is causing this. Before releasing the update we tested the patches impact on save games quite a bit and would not have released it if we had found it to be affecting previous save games in any way.

Thanks, I didn't ireally think t was pulled but thought of the possibility.

But that leaves me wondering why my version doesn't update. Is there a way to "push" (or should it be "pull"?) the update?

Thanks, I didn't ireally think t was pulled but thought of the possibility.

But that leaves me wondering why my version doesn't update. Is there a way to "push" (or should it be "pull"?) the update?

I'm having the same issue, my PS3 is Asian, it doesn't update. I try re-installing and start the game but it doesn't prompt me for update.

Is there a way to update manually? I would love to try, cause it doesn't update automatically .

Same, my copy still won't prompt me for an update. Mine was purchased from the Canadian PSN store. It's disappointing that I can't finish the game I was so eager to play :(

Same, my copy still won't prompt me for an update. Mine was purchased from the Canadian PSN store. It's disappointing that I can't finish the game I was so eager to play :(

Same issue (asian PS3). No update for me

(Again) I tried turning on my Asian PS3 and started The Cave in hopes of update, still no prompt for update. I got game update for some other games I bought from the US PSN Store but The Cave still no update for me.

I'm starting to think that all Asian PS3 will not get update. Please look into it cause we can't play Adventurer unless we get the update. (I don't mind losing my saved data, I just want to play bug free) 8-/

PS3 region is not a reason for no update. It is caused by where you got "The Cave".

"The Cave" downloaded from UK PSN store, It'll appear 1.01 update prompt when game started.

but downloaded from US PSN store, It'll not appear 1.01 update prompt when game started.

Probably they are the same games, but is it not a different software?

please check them.

PS3 region is not a reason for no update. It is caused by where you got "The Cave".

"The Cave" downloaded from UK PSN store, It'll appear 1.01 update prompt when game started.

but downloaded from US PSN store, It'll not appear 1.01 update prompt when game started.

Probably they are the same games, but is it not a different software?

please check them.

I downloaded The Cave from US PSN Store, I did sent a mail to support. And this is their response :

"Very sorry to hear you have run into this issue. This was a problem we found with Japanese PS3’s, the newest update does have a fix for it but unfortunately you may lose your save data. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and trouble this has caused.

Though in the US PSN store the newest update *should* be live now so you should be seeing the update on your PS3 soon."

As you can you see it is possible to get the update through US PSN Store. But from I've been seeing, people with Asian PS3 are not getting any update through the US PSN Store, I'm using US PSN but I still don't get prompt for update.

Anyone (not only Asian PS3. US or other any region PS3.) got 1.01 update through the US PSN? (for US version "The Cave")

I think this answer is "No, It's still 1.00 version and can't update."

I use Japanese PS3 too. I confirmed UK version "The Cave" got 1.01 update and fix ladder issue.

Similarly, I tried update US version "The Cave". However, there is nothing update.

This is only my speculation, but I think 1.01 patch released only UK version. (through the UK PSN.)

Maybe DF made 1.01 patch for all version but they (or SONY?) failed patch release for US version and don't notice this state.

I don't think PS3 region affects update and download of patch.

DF, please check it.

Update for US version "The Cave" was finally started today!

Thankyou for check. and It fixed ladder issue as same as UK version.

But savefile all deleted after update too.

It's to keep backup before update to solve this problem.

I also can confirm tht the update for the US version arrived on my Asian (Taiwan) PS3 today and the Adventurer does indeed jump off the ladder now.

While my save file did not actually get deleted, the game ignored it until I copied the backed up version back :confused: The file that was still there had apparently not even been changed, at least the file's time stamp was the same as before the update...

Sign in to follow this