Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jasondesante

sup with that ending puzzle

I jump in the boat with the bird and box of crackers, nothing happens. I do a bunch of stuff that results in nothing, but then when I try again with a different character to jump in the boat with the bird and crackers then the old man reacts.

I really enjoyed this game, but the ending really changed my view of the whole experience. I could go on a huge rant here, but its pointless for me to do so.

No, the solution was

getting the parrot to repeat Sparky barking. So you first have to get the parrot with the crackers. Then stand by Sparky with the parrot and show Sparky the bone to get him to bark. Finally, when you get close to the hermit, the parrot repeating Sparky's bark reminds the hermit that he has to go and get Sparky.

. You must have done it; you just didn't realize it.

hey thanks, I have it recorded and just watched it back and youre totally right. I cant believe I didn't clue into that being the solution. And I'm supposed to be a sound guy....I feel like an idiot. I thought he was getting annoyed with being on the character's shoulder, and kept making the sound even after flying away, he would start making the sound once he was back on your shoulder (I took that as annoyance for being on a shoulder was the sound it was making).

On a brighter note, the game is hilarious, I love the Time Traveler's story, The Knight's story, and The Twins' story (only played it through once so far!) They are all very memorable as their own little stories, and the few things in between each of them I'm eager to see what is in those spots the 2nd and 3rd time through.

Sign in to follow this