Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Agrzybianek

Gamebreaking bug on xbox360 please help :(

Hello I would like to report a gamebreaking bug for The cave on xbox360. I'm on the island and a Crate is stuck on a beam. I'm unable to move it and unable to continue my game. What should I do? Can you guys patch the game? I'm including a screenshot of the problem. The crate is stuck and shaking like its having a seizure.. Thank you. By the way I tried to reinstall the game with no success.

Its probably saved at the wrong position if that is so only way to fix it is restarting your save. Did you push it on there the first time before you resetted the game.

I didn't push it at all, It has been there like that from the moment I got to it.

Actually that's a lie, When I first got to it with the scientist the crate was all normal sitting where it should, i switched to the hillbilly or twins for a second to see something and when I went back, the crate was stuck and the 3 items behind it were all visible next to it. At first I thought that this was supposed to happen so I spent like 30 minutes trying to figure it out and finally I went to youtube to watch a walkthrough to see if others were having this same problem. turns out that it's a bug I may have discovered because I've searched on google for a long time and did not find anyone talking about this glitch.

We have a preventative fix for this bug, but unfortunately when it goes live it probably won't fix your save file. You'll probably have to restart at this point to continue in the game =/

There is a bug in The Cave, on the island, where this crate is stuck on a log and I can't move or push it. ?????? R U KIDDING ME, you are not supposed to release a game with bugs this size, now i HAVE to start all over again??? come on, your testers really suck or you were on a hurry saving money and DIDN`T do a good job, this is to laugh. IT RUINS THE GAME. :/ your reply is poor Administrator and wont solve nothing, this is the worst release on xbox live EVER, it has LOTS of GAMEBRAKING BUGS.

There is a bug in The Cave, on the island, where this crate is stuck on a log and I can't move or push it. ?????? R U KIDDING ME, you are not supposed to release a game with bugs this size, now i HAVE to start all over again??? come on, your testers really suck or you were on a hurry saving money and DIDN`T do a good job, this is to laugh. IT RUINS THE GAME. :/ your reply is poor Administrator and wont solve nothing, this is the worst release on xbox live EVER, it has LOTS of GAMEBRAKING BUGS.

I do not work for Double Fine, nor did they ask me to post this, but I felt compelled to reply to this, as the game deserves defending. This post rubbed me the wrong way, and I'd like to "drop some knowledge," if I may.

Making a game is exceedingly difficult. As a matter of fact, I'd say it's the most complex and time-consuming form of programming there is. You have to account for so many things, and each line of code you write has the potential to unexpectedly alter something else in the game if you aren't careful. You can test the game for hours and hours on end and still easily miss a bug, because oftentimes bugs only occur due to a very specific and/or bizarre set of circumstances. I remember beta testing a game in the past for a large studio and discovering a bug none of their testers had uncovered: if you were riding on a rare mount while holding three (exactly three; no more and no less) of a specific item in your inventory, it became impossible to get off of your rare mount. What a bizarre set of circumstances, eh? And yet, game-breaking bugs often occur due to circumstances much like these, and no matter how many times the game is tested, these things are easy to miss because the bug is only caused by such painfully specific criteria.

When a game is released, the audience suddenly becomes so much larger. Instead of a group of (for example) eight quality assurance testers, you suddenly have thousands upon thousands of people playing the game all at once. Of course, with such an increased audience, one of those players might just-so-happen to be riding a rare mount while holding three bananas in their satchel, and BOOM - a gamebreaking bug occurs, and even the developers are flabbergasted.

All that to say: Double Fine has apparently already corrected the issue, and will push a patch out soon. However, if you hope to have your issue solved, the best approach probably isn't to insult the studio that created the game you're enjoying; realize that game development is a painfully involved process, and ask politely for assistance with the understanding that the developer WANTS you to be able to enjoy the game.

First of all I DIDNT ENJOY the game due to all these GAME BRAKING BUGS, i didnt at all ok???

2-They shouldn't have released it UNTIL it was properly TESTED, couse i paid money for something to have fun with and i didn't at all, all i got was frustration.

PD - Theres lots and lots of people who feel the same about the game, go check the facebook page

First of all I DIDNT ENJOY the game due to all these GAME BRAKING BUGS, i didnt at all ok???

2-They shouldn't have released it UNTIL it was properly TESTED, couse i paid money for something to have fun with and i didn't at all, all i got was frustration.

PD - Theres lots and lots of people who feel the same about the game, go check the facebook page

1. Sorry you didn't enjoy the game or weren't able to; it's a terrific game. Please give it another shot when the patch comes out, and I think you'll be singing a different (partly capitalized) tune. Or give it another shot with three new characters! Since your first save file might be toast, make lemonade out of lemons and experience new parts of the game.

2. See my first post. I guarantee the game was tested very, very well, or Double Fine would not have wanted it released. (I am not sure if you saw the part about the rare mount and the bananas, but your oddly capitalized post makes me think you must not have.)

Sign in to follow this