• Announcements

• Spaff

New Forum software & theme display issues   07/20/2017

The latest forum update has caused some readability issues with our themes!  This was unexpected, so might take a little bit of time to fix, sorry about that. I think we've fixed the main ones though. We could have a bunch of new features too, I just need to look at those and see what we have enabled etc. More on that soon! If you spot any issues or things we need to tweak, please post them here:   a
Justin Honegger

Psychonauts Patch - Linux and Mac Update

Which platform are you playing the game on? There was an update to the Linux version on Steam last year which included fixes for the projection bug, but I'm not sure if that was in time for it to make the mastering for The Adventure Company's DVD version.

If that update hasn't made it to other online platforms, I can give a nudge and see what the story is.

Which platform are you playing the game on? There was an update to the Linux version on Steam last year which included fixes for the projection bug, but I'm not sure if that was in time for it to make the mastering for The Adventure Company's DVD version.

If that update hasn't made it to other online platforms, I can give a nudge and see what the story is.

Other than the DVD version, I got the game from the Humble Double Fine Bundle (Brütal Legend, Costume Quest, Psychonauts and Stacking) if that's what you mean. The Linux version of Psychonauts was updated on May 7 2013, and the other games were updated on June 16 the same year.

(The Windows version of Psychonauts is from June 5 2012. The other games don't appear updated at all, though I've found that the Humble Library page isn't always completely reliable about that. The Mac games were all updated on September 13 2013.)

Cheers. I'll see if I can't convince somebody to look at updating the Humble builds :)

That would be great. Thanks!

Of course, now that I've played through the game it will probably be quite a while before I do it again since there are so many other games in my "that looks interesting" pile that I haven't gotten to yet. Some of them are from the 80's, so I really should get around to them. Any year now. :-)

Cheers. I'll see if I can't convince somebody to look at updating the Humble builds :)

Any update on this? The build on the Humble Store is still from 2013. I can't actually get this to run on Ubuntu Vivid. (I can get the installer to work, but the game will not run.).

The Ubuntu store build only supports 13.10 and nothing later. Vivid is 15.04.

Hey I've run across a decent graphical bug on OSX during my playthroughs - it occurs due to the game seemingly remembering the last resolution it was played at. How is that a problem??!??! i hear you think - well one day I launched up the game on an external monitor after a previous session on my macbook pro (at full retina resolution) and was only seeing about the top left quarter of the screen! I couldn't figure it what to do but eventually found a workaround which was to edit the config file each time I launched the game, resetting the resolution to something smaller that would launch fully visible, then I would change to the desired resolution for the external monitor using the in-game menu.

On 18/03/2015 at 1:24 PM, Cheeseness said:

I take it that there has been no progress on this in the past two years? I did try asking Double Fine support as well, but it's been 2.5 months since they promised to get back to me "as soon as possible".

On 17/07/2017 at 2:32 AM, Torbjörn Andersson said:

I take it that there has been no progress on this in the past two years? I did try asking Double Fine support as well, but it's been 2.5 months since they promised to get back to me "as soon as possible".

Hmm, I thought we got this sorted. Not sure what happened. I'll nudge some people again.