Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dejected Santa

Glitch with hot dog machine in the zoo?

Hey everyone, I have done a few searches here and on the web but can't seem to figure out what is going on in my game.

I'm playing on the Xbox 360 and my wife and I haven't had too much trouble with this game until we stumbled upon this seemingly game breaking bug

So here is what happens, after I lure the hunter girl away I use the hot dog machine and a hot dog falls out. I go to pick it up but then nothing happens. None of my 3 characters will pick it up! They kind of twitch like they want to but just don't. I've tried everything I can't think of, saving and continuing using different people trying to pick it up but nothing works and I know I need that stupid hot dog to progress further.

Am I doing something wrong or just boned?

Thanks!

yeah this happens when an object is infront of something useable (like hotdog machine)

just press B instead of X and you character should take the item

yeah this happens when an object is infront of something useable (like hotdog machine)

just press B instead of X and you character should take the item

Thanks! I will try that when I get home

np ;)

i also got this "problem" right at the "start hotdog"

but this is intended ... look @ the how to play section ... X = interact / B= drop + take

Btw. am i the only one who expected the zoo area to be more like a zoo? When i first played through that area i somehow thought that i missed something because i couldn't enter the zoo or the cave offered more zoo like things.

Btw. am i the only one who expected the zoo area to be more like a zoo? When i first played through that area i somehow thought that i missed something because i couldn't enter the zoo or the cave offered more zoo like things.

You ARE in the zoo...Go back to the Zoo gate and, unless you have dyslexia, you will realize it says "OOZ" because it is backwards since you're on the inside! That's why there's the electric eel tank, the broken-down gift shoppy/food court-like place with the vending machine and the giant monster in that cagey part of the cave! lol

My bad for reviving such an old thread (didn't read the year!), but I had this same problem. Next time, must read Controls more thoroughly...

Sign in to follow this