Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Help us run our PAX East 2013 booth!

Hey backers! We’re going to PAX East in Boston, and we need your help!

If you live in the Boston area, or will be in town for the show already, you might make a great PAX East Mega-Volunteer! You’ll get a badge for the show, allowing you to fully partake in PAX East 2013 when you aren’t on duty, plus you can hang out with us! What’s not to like? More details here:

http://www.doublefine.com/jobs

Great, now how about some real Reds updates ... seems like it's been FOREVER!

Working on it!

Yay!!!! Wait, the game or the update? ;)

Anyway, have fun at PAX!

Gotta quote this, we're starving here!

ITT I hate being european for this, we don't have these cool game shows here!

Please...

If you live in the Boston area, or will be in town for the show already, you might make a great PAX East Mega-Volunteer! You’ll get a badge for the show, allowing you to fully partake in PAX East 2013 when you aren’t on duty, plus you can hang out with us! What’s not to like? More details here:

Man... I keep kicking myself for not making it out for PAX East and now I'm even more annoyed with myself. ::sigh:: Maybe next year.

Really, dude? Right out of the gate? You're just gonna be like that? I'd hate to be your parents on christmas.

I wish I lived closer to either coast. I'm unfortunately in the upper midwest, where nobody ever goes and no events ever take place. Otherwise I'd be happy to come hang and help out. =]

Gamescom in Cologne, Germany is quite enjoyable, though that's more comparable to E3 I guess.

Also, if you live in England, there's The Eurogamer Expo, though I don't really know anything about that one.

Gamescom in Cologne, Germany is quite enjoyable, though that's more comparable to E3 I guess.

Also, if you live in England, there's The Eurogamer Expo, though I don't really know anything about that one.

I'm italian, we have just a big show of nerdy stuff every year but it's mostly focused on manga/comics

Aussie backer here, but gee I wish I lived in Boston and could help out. Big Boston fan. Go C's tonight.

Well... maybe you can help at PAX OZ then.

Seven weeks to be precise.

Nearly two months...

Seven weeks to be precise.

Nearly two months...

hear hear

About how long would each volunteer shift be? Or is that going to depend on how many volunteers are approved?

I'm italian, we have just a big show of nerdy stuff every year but it's mostly focused on manga/comics

Still... Germany is Europe!

Also, the distance from Siracusa (picked for being in the far south of Italy) to Köln is less than half of the distance from San Francisco to Boston... :-)

BUT !!! I don't know a word of german (except for "auf wiedersehen" thanks to Django unchained), in america everyone talks the same language, it's easy peasy like that!!!

BUT !!! I don't know a word of german (except for "auf wiedersehen" thanks to Django unchained), in america everyone talks the same language, it's easy peasy like that!!!

Most things are in English at Gamescom and I have yet to experience any staff not knowing English there. There's a few exhibitions and such in German (like demos and such), but in general it hasn't been much of an issue and most things are in English.

Will Tim be going to PAX East this year? Also, are you guys attending the pre-PAX party at the NERD Center in Cambridge that Thursday night before PAX? Usually a lot of Boston developers there every year. Link is here: http://paxparty2013.eventbrite.com/.

Edit: Also, I might be interested in helping you run your booth. I helped out with the Warner Bros. Games booth when I worked there a couple years ago. I checked out the link you put up there but it just goes to the jobs page and doesn't say anything specific about volunteering at the event. Do you just want people to send in resumes to your normal jobs email address and indicate they are interested in volunteering?

Aussie backer here, but gee I wish I lived in Boston and could help out. Big Boston fan. Go C's tonight.

Well... maybe you can help at PAX OZ then.

Last time I spoke to Greg about it, he said they weren't likely to make the trip (it's pretty costly to fly around the world *and* run a booth at PAX from what I hear).

I'm in the process of planning/organising a DF fan meetup, but that's a discussion for another thread :)

I would work non stop and totally free, with only water being fed to me..

Only problem is, I can't afford the ticket from.. Denmark..

The posting is gone now so I'm guessing you guys have enough volunteers at the moment?

Sign in to follow this