• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Cheeseness

Double Fine Down Under BBQ! (fan meetup at PAX Aus, but anybody can come)

I won't be able to make it guys :(

Have fun without me though! Send my condolences to Mr. Gilbert. :)

Aww, bum. Will do! Keep an eye out for photos!

Aww, bum. Will do! Keep an eye out for photos!

Scratch that, a drastic change of circumstances means that I'll be there!! :D

Woo! What a great afternoon! Super huge thanks to stars Brad and Nads for selflessly tackling the food situation, and apologies to anybody who got confused by the meeting point shifts (we stopped at the fallback spot until the rain cleared enough for us to migrate back to the BBQ area)!

I think we had 30+ people all up, which was awesome considering the torrential downpour that was happening when we were scheduled to meet.

I've popped the video from Tim and the team up in the first post, but to make sure that people subscribed to the thread don't miss it, here it is again!

3r-jlZ7QM1s

Edit: Some photos (more here)!

9326614234_0c8d95809e.jpg

9326627094_9209449484.jpg

9326627374_a72a2886d0.jpg

9323823615_7f271c3585.jpg

9326622874_1822ea4167.jpg

Yay! We need more DF Meet ups, had heaps of fun!

Even thou the weather was rubbish it was great to see everyone brave it out. Great to catch up with some of the DF Aussie forum folk, thou I can't believe I missed out on seein' Capt D! oh well! Big thanks to Ron for spending time hanging out with us and Tim and the DF Team for the great shout out video which was a hit at the meet up.

I really want to get that photo with Ron when he rocked up to the BBQ area moments after I got the message from Cheese saying we were going to meet up at the shopping centre.

Ahh I'm back at home for only afew moments while I wait for my clothes to dry and my body to come to a normal temperature and I'm off to a 30th...

Can't wait to see some more photos!

Peace!

I really want to get that photo with Ron when he rocked up to the BBQ area moments after I got the message from Cheese saying we were going to meet up at the shopping centre.

The one with the grumpy faces? Wasn't that on Ron's camera?

Great meet up, but my feet were soaking for the rest of PAX. Loved the crochet voodoo doll and the code wheels.

Good to meet everyone!

Loved the meet up, thanks for organising it all Cheeseness and Ron for showing up! :)

Great to meet some fellow adventures and Double Fine-ites.

Also thanks to the DF team for that video, its the small things like that which really mean a lot. :D

Next on the list- Meet Tim Schafer. :P

Great meet up, but my feet were soaking for the rest of PAX. Loved the crochet voodoo doll and the code wheels.

Good to meet everyone!

YES! I do believe Ron's quote was "We cannot smile in this picture"

Good to meet everyone!

Sorry just got home from a party... pretty drunkard.. but i shall hound Ron during a more sober state for that photo :P

Man, I wish I could have been there. Would love to see some more photos if anyone else feels like sharing.

Would have been great to have you there!

Moar photos! Come on, I saw other people with cameras there! :D

I only have photos of my signed PAX Pass and Posters. Didn't take any while I was there! :/

YOU ASK. I DELIVER.

9348100950_1ec428ef72_c.jpg

9348102768_0b490939c8_c.jpg

9345314841_c2439ca0dd_c.jpg

9348106298_280db2e9cb_c.jpg

9348108258_78ac2e24cb_c.jpg

9345319697_bb4016acc3_c.jpg (I'm so goddamned photogenic.)

9345320379_396dfd30d3_c.jpg

9348111160_87ab89b719_c.jpg

9348112120_53852d723e_c.jpg

9348112750_9b49578e8a_c.jpg

Also that link above has full size images. So photoshoppers, you have your large files to play with. Let's see some lightning eyes!

I only have photos of my signed PAX Pass and Posters. Didn't take any while I was there! :/

Ha ha, that's OK - photos of that would be welcome too :D

YOU ASK. I DELIVER.

Awesome! I'll pop a link in the first post :D

I yoinked your photo of Mim and myself for the info page (hope you don't mind), which I've just updated!

Thanks for sharing, JackSlack. I recognize you from your comment, Cheeseness, Mimness, Bidiot Bales and Ron of course. I have no idea who the others are, but it looks like a happy crowd.

Thanks for sharing, JackSlack. I recognize you from your comment, Cheeseness, Mimness, Bidiot Bales and Ron of course. I have no idea who the others are, but it looks like a happy crowd.

Gosh, so many people introduced themselves to me, but their names went right out the other earhole.

udoncat made the Guybrush doll for Ron

Brad is wearing a Gremlins t-shirt

Nads is standing up with his arms outstretched in the background of the group shot

redtape is reaching for a sausage in the group shot

I believe the fellow with dark curly hair (who didn't make it into many of the photos posted here) was named Nathan

And there are a couple of other people recogniseable from their avatars in the #DFBBQ Twitter hashtag (namely, me :D ).

If anybody's lurking around, say hi! I'd love to be able to put more names to faces :)

That's me in the 4th photo in Cheeseness' post in the fine leather jacket.

My name's Tim in case you were wondering.

It was so good to see and meet everyone and though the weather was miserable, everyone's spirits were great! Hooray, rainy bbq!

Thanks very much Cheeseness for organising :)

Aww, thanks ^_^

Honestly, it wasn't much effort at all, and the thanks really should go to everybody who turned up!

Hey all, Brad here!

I am writing up the BBQ story for Aussie-Gamer as we speak, sorry for the delay, I literally have not stopped working/studying/fathering since I got back to the Central Coast (I made it back in my car safely, btw!).

I'll repost back here when it goes live!

You're totally welcome to use mine. I wouldn't mind a mention for any that are used, but I'm not feeling fussy - it feels silly to be precious about photos of a community event ^_^

I haven't even started on my PAX article(s) yet either D:

Hahaha they are already claiming that 50% of the three-day passes have sold... wow

Ah, PAX is way closer than I realised!

I made a new thread for planning another get together.

Edited by Cheeseness
Fixed URL