Sign in to follow this  
TheTwins

Any chance of a sequel?

After researching the Wiki for this game, I found that Ron Gilbert originally had 20-30 character ideas planned (including an FBI agent, an Opera singer, and Mafia member) but he worked his way down to 7. Do you think that they might develop a sequel to this game? I absolutely loved it and the average rating is about 6-7/10 which isn't that bad.

Would you like a sequel? I'd love one but only if they had an entirely new cave/other environment to explore.

It would probably come down to a few things, but primarily if the publisher (Sega) sees it as enough of a money maker.

It would probably come down to a few things, but primarily if the publisher (Sega) sees it as enough of a money maker.

Double Fine owns the IP to The Cave, so if they wanted to take a potential sequel to a different publisher (or fund it some other way entirely), they could.

i think we're more likely to see a dlc.
Let's just hope the DLC comes with a toggle allowing you to skip shared areas of the Cave. Because I am not going to go through the "three minecarts" or "push the boat across the whole damn map" sections ever again.

20–30 characters really is way too much. Even with seven you can see they had to cut a few corners to get the game released.

DLC would be perfect for this game, I'd love to see some more brain-teasers like the Monk and the Time Traveller puzzles. It feels like The Cave was just an introduction to the idea so that they could expand upon the puzzle systems and complexity even further.

i finished the game 5 times now to collect everything

(sadly a few gamerscores are broken :( .. havent got the "whole story" achievments)

i can say this

i dont want dlc´s ....

but i really wanna have a sequel =) with enough environments that keep the game fresh even after replaying it

so keep your time doublefine and dont do dlcs .. use your other ideas 4 a sequel :)

(the riddles could be harder too )

My fiancé loves this game, I hope they do release some download content or make more games like this. I made this account just because we loved the experience so much we both wanted to keep updated.

Considering that Ron Gilbert isn't with Double Fine anymore I doubt we'll be seeing a sequel to this.

I definitely would like to see a sequel or some DLC for The Cave too.

It's certainly feels odd now that Ron Gilbert isn't around @DF anymore. On the other side i'm not sure of the importance of that he would be to 100% involved into a sequel as the concept is available already and other people who worked on the project are still working @DF, so, what does it need?

The engine is running already (well, mostly ;O), the art could be done by DF again (aww, more beautiful water&stones; :o). I don't know how the work for the level design and riddles was split up between Ron Gilbert and the rest of the team but it sounds doable to me coming up with further characters, stories, level and riddle design even without him.

This might lead to different results but if someone with enough ideas&talent;&taste; is involved, it shouldn't automatically be worse. On the contrary there is room for improvements in a number of fields (riddles, cave comments, story of a character). Or maybe they could just collaborate with Ron on a rough design and from there on walk on their own. Maybe he did design a number of further characters&stories;&levels; already which just didn't make it into the game, ...

To shorten this up, i think it's doable if The Cave sold well enough and both Sega and DF are both interested in. And i'm sure somehow there would be a tiny input from Ron Gilbert as well regardless of what other game he'll be working on then.

This brings me to one thing i found slightly weird about the release of The Cave. Somehow after quite some time not working on an adventure and then finally getting his baby released i would have expected him showing up on the forum a bit and getting in contact with his audience here and there. Maybe he isn't just the type of person for doing so or there was no time at all but i felt that this was missing a little bit.

Nevertheless kudos again for making this adorable little gem! :o) In my opinion The Cave is the best game DF released since Psychonauts.

A sequel would be nice but first they need to get THIS game working properly.

I guess I'm just lucky because I have played this to death on PC and Xbox and have never found a glitch or bug that I didn't go looking for. Anyway, I would love to see some DLC for this, but figure that would be too awesome to happen.

I think the PC version is the most stable version of the game from what I've read. Major game breaking issues with the game on 360/PS3.

I really wanted to get it on PC but was waiting to see if it came to GoG.com. In the end I picked it up on 360 and I deeply regret it and from now on won't buy another DF game unless its available through GOG.

I'd like to chime in for a sequel or DLC -- I'd buy two copies! Easily my favorite game on PC or Console in a very long time.

C'MON, BABY!

I too would LOVE a sequel to this!! I would totally play 20 or 30 characters journeys through the Cave. :D