Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Reid_Harris_Cooper

The Cave ART Book needs to happen!

Yeah, I'd love to see it happen. Speaking of art, I've noticed a lot of concept art being posted on the Tumblr recently. I particularly like the piece of Marco from Once Upon A Monster.

Yeah, I'd love to see it happen. Speaking of art, I've noticed a lot of concept art being posted on the Tumblr recently. I particularly like the piece of Marco from Once Upon A Monster.

Yeah, that Scott C. piece was awesome.

I just picked up a Scott C. print from Candy Cotton Machine for $10. It;s from a series that isn't for any book.

Double Fine seriously needs to try and get an Art of Double Fine book happening.

Brutal Legend book is nice and all and I know it took years to arrange, organize and get published, but still.

The only way they'd get the Art Book happening is probably by kickstarting it with super pledges like exclusives one off prints and such. Which I'd gladly pledge, but it probably won't happen till AFTER the game is out for a bit to see its success/failure.

Kickstarting your next project before your last project is out seems bad form.

I ended up here hoping one existed, having recently fallen in love with Krall’s cave paintings.

We'd love to do more art books! We recently published the Art of Brütal Legend art book, and it turned out great, but it was also an incredibly time-consuming and difficult process. So we can't promise anything, but if we think the interest is there we'd certainly look into it.

I'd love to see, perhaps as an anniversary special or something, a collection of art from all of Double Fine's games. It wouldn't have to be a complete collection (that would be to giant to even think of, but perhaps Particular highlights and favourites of the staff.

Combine that with some anecdotes from team members about the creation of the games and you have something that I would buy the hell out of.

Sign in to follow this