Sign in to follow this  
Xaromir

Cool Games that are NOT Coming Out

So, i just learned that Adventure Time for the 3DS is out already and will not come to Europe, and i have to get the DS version if i want to play it.

I'm adding that to my list of games i would probably buy but can't play thanks to the region lock, such as:

Project Mirai, Rune Factory, Havest Moon and Dragon Warrior 7

Seriously Nintendo, stop the damn restricting.

Banjo Threeie

Oh god I didn't even know of this! My heart is broken right now

Jak and Daxter 4

Crash Bandicoot 5

Another true Spyro game

Psychonauts 2

Brutal Legend 2

Guitar Hero 7

Earthbound (no EU release ever)

Timesplitters 4

Super Mario Advance 4 + e-reader

Psychonauts 2

Brutal Legend 2

Shenmue III

Too Human 2 & 3

Eternal Darkness 2??

Sadness

Winter

Timesplitters 4

this is the most upsetting one. there is a decent chance it will happen but because crytek owns the rights and they're a f2p company now there is almost no chance of it having a story mode

Timesplitters: PC port. It's a freaking shooter! I want to play that on the PC. >.

Timesplitters: PC port. It's a freaking shooter! I want to play that on the PC. >.<

I haven't played a Timesplitters game in so long and my copy of TS2 is broken/lost/no longer in this plain of existence/all of the above. I would love this.

I'm seconding a Chrono Trigger sequel, a Psychonauts sequel, and an Earthbound sequel, and I'm adding a sequel to Drill Dozer, a Viewtiful Joe/Okami crossover, and a Psychonauts prequel.

Never mind a new Earthbound, i wish they would release the original two Mother games here, but we had a lengthy discussion about that just recently, didn't we?! They screwed up with Earthbound and just blamed it on the gamers. *sigh* Nintendo is disapointing sometimes.

What i wish for would be a star game, not sci-fi, not really space travel, just astronomy in a way, not sure what else, but yeah, i'd like a game with an astronomy theme.

Actually, speaking of Okami...

Can we just bring Clover back from the dead? Those guys kicked ass and died too soon.

I mean, I REALLY REALLY SUCKED at God Hand, but I f***ing loved that it existed.

Okami is awesome to the max, of course. Nobody talks about God Hand anymore. =\

Clover is still alive. They're called Platinum Games now.

Oh! I knew they had gone on to form something called Seeds at first, but I didn't realize that became Platinum.

That actually makes a lot of sense, now that I think about it. Bayonetta might as well have been God Hand starring a girl. The weird ass campy humor was exactly the same in almost every way.

Condemned 3.

Oh, how i wish this was possible.

Also, i'm here. not leaving any time soon.

The DIG 2 and/(or) Brian Moriarty's version of the game and/(or) a new game with the spirit of The DIG.

Psychonauts 2 - this will happen, right?!

A finished point&click; Bone season, imo the best game TTG did so far. The monkey business in DeSinge's lab was cool too.

Also a new adventure with the vibe of Grim Fandango, more grown up as the typical adventure.

The last two chapters of The Dream Machine. Well, this might happen, just not soon enough.

A new The Bard's Tale and i want it to be oldskool in a number of aspects. Could turn into real if Wasteland 2 will be a success.

A puzzle game which is as simple, as stylish, as addicting and as perfect like Tetris.

An new epic/weird/(with grown up humour) quality adventure game with memorable, challenging, great unique refreshing puzzles/dialogues/story/art/characters, nothing bland inside.

The Cave 2 or at least some DLC. Sounds possible too. :o)

A game where you get lost like when reading a great book or listening to fascinating radioplays/music.

A character/dialogue driven game which matches the quality Jack Vance offered, maybe with the unique and funny ideas David Gerrold can come up with.

A great and simple shmup in the right taste and style with Atari quality sounds.

A new Moon Patrol.

A successor to Dragon's Lair. And it could vary gameplay wise. I just want to be Dirk exploring the castle, trying to survive the traps.

Simple and enjoyable splitscreen games like we had many in 8/16 bit days (co-op, vs.).

A new Alpha Centauri/Deuteros/Chip's Challenge.

System Shock 3 or Bioshock finally back in space or at least in our solar system/on the moon.

A more hard science based story driven game (Lem, Asimov, ...)

Games which are as weird and fascinating as dreams can be.

And so many more...

Timesplitters 4

this is the most upsetting one. there is a decent chance it will happen but because crytek owns the rights and they're a f2p company now there is almost no chance of it having a story mode

That is a terrible shame indeed.

Psychonauts 2 - this will happen, right?!

Psychonauts 2

Don't say that. Not yet. I still have hope!

I think Tim's all but said he will probably be able to find some kind of funding for Psychonauts 2 after DFA is finished.

Anyway, back to things that aren't happening. Zone of the Enders 3 *sigh*

Nobody mentioned Darksiders 3? I'm sure another developer could get the Darksiders license but Darksiders 3 as it was is dead.

this doesn't count as region lock since it's across the board (even Japan) but please insert obligatory

'when are SEGA going to make Shenmue' complaint

here

- also insert 'why don't they make a quick HD remake of the first two for a quick buck and to stimulate interest in the subsequent Shenmue 3'

here

-

etc. etc.

Let's see. Aside from stuff that's already been mentioned...

Jet Set Radio 3 (Though I'll settle for a re-release of JSRF)

Ron's Monkey Island 3 (Now that Disney owns LucasArts, the chance of Ron ever getting the rights back is very, very slim)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (RIP GSC World)

Beyond Good and Evil 2 (I'm fully prepared for this game to spend another console generation in development limbo)

Half-Life 2: Episode 3/Half-Life 3 (Whatever it ends up being titled, the fans have been left hanging for years now)

I think the opposite, with Disney a MI3 is a lot more likely, more as they should have learned their lesson with Jobs&Pixar; already. So, i'm sure it will happen that Ron will be able to make his version of MI3 if he really wants to.

The only reason I could see Disney offloading MI to Ron for an amount he could afford is because they already have a humorous pirate franchise of their own and they see no use for MI, as well as Disney having enough compassion and sympathy for Ron that they'd cut him a deal on the IP.

Ron has said that either he owns the IP or he won't make his Monkey Island game. He won't agree to a licensing deal like what Telltale did. He wants full control over the IP.