Sign in to follow this  
Domo209

Hey Tim!

lol why isn't anyone confirming without a doubt the dlc guitars will be in? My ocd cant take it anymore.

Yes - I just confirmed this exclusively for you. Actually, I was going to the bathroom and our QA Manager was walking in so maybe more coincidental than anything but I did ask because you posted.

The DLC guitars are in the game but only the solo play, not the multi-player beta. So I guess that means once the whole game is unlocked that you'll have them. Maybe someone else can elaborate on how and why they aren't available in the multi but I'm just the IT Manager and really can only describe the inner workings of servers so I'm not the best person to ask.

Hope that helps!

Hey all!

I don't want to start a new topic for this so: To those who have played the beta, is the game playable with a keyboard + mouse? I'd really like to play the game (heck, I've been waiting for it since the original release) but I don't necessarily want to buy a gamepad just because of this title.

Thanks for the answer!

Keyboard and mouse are supported, additionally with the full release you will be able to remap the controls however you see fit.

I just wanted to say that I've been waiting for this for years, and I'm so happy that I'll finally be able to play Brutal Legend.

This image does a good job summarizing how I felt when I saw the announcement.

YwY5nlU.gif

lol why isn't anyone confirming without a doubt the dlc guitars will be in? My ocd cant take it anymore.

Yes - I just confirmed this exclusively for you. Actually, I was going to the bathroom and our QA Manager was walking in so maybe more coincidental than anything but I did ask because you posted.

The DLC guitars are in the game but only the solo play, not the multi-player beta. So I guess that means once the whole game is unlocked that you'll have them. Maybe someone else can elaborate on how and why they aren't available in the multi but I'm just the IT Manager and really can only describe the inner workings of servers so I'm not the best person to ask.

Hope that helps!

Yes this helps a lot I am now very happy, thank you.

Can't wait to play it this weekend!

I'm sure there's also an interesting story about how DF got the rights back.. maybe mention it in one of the next 2PP Reds videos!

Can't wait to play it this weekend!

I'm sure there's also an interesting story about how DF got the rights back.. maybe mention it in one of the next 2PP Reds videos!

DF has had the rights to BL for ages now (I think how it worked was that there was a clause in the contract with EA that made the rights revert back to DF after either a set period of time passed or a certain number of sales, whichever came first. That, or DF held the rights the whole time), but the cost of re-licensing the music kept them from making a PC port for a long time.

The only game DF has made that they don't have the rights to (aside from that Sesame Street game, of course) is Iron Brigade.

...the cost of re-licensing the music kept them from making a PC port for a long time.

Did they manage to re-license it all for the port, or are there some songs missing?

...the cost of re-licensing the music kept them from making a PC port for a long time.

Did they manage to re-license it all for the port, or are there some songs missing?

Gosh darn it now I must know this.

In the game description thread it was revealed that all tunes would be in the game but not in the soundtrack release.

Straight from Chris Remo :

It depends what you’re asking about. The game itself contains all the music, licensed and original. The downloadable soundtrack only contains the original music.

Pretty sure everything is there (the description mentions that over 100 licensed songs are in the game). As essential as the music is to the experience, I doubt Double Fine would have made a port if it was going to end up being a sub-par version due to missing music.

I have a feeling that Dracogen might have swooped out of the skies and dropped a sack of money labeled "Brutal Legend PC" in front of Double Fine. He's funded Double Fine projects in the past.