Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheTwins

Sister's Fan Art

Hi, fellow Cave fans! I've been a huge fan of The Cave since I first heard of it months before the game's release. The idea of it had me so excited, as did the fact that up to three people can play. I come from a family of three (my sister, mom, and myself). Fortunately, they loved the game just as much as I did. At one point, we noticed that there was a section in the game with three skeletons: The Clown, The Robot, and The Pirate. My sister decided to actually create these characters by how we imagined them. We also invented their levels and reasons for being in The Cave. Yeah, we went all out. Hope you enjoy!

It only allows me to share three images per post so the I'll add the final two in a reply. My first three images are Pirate's Level, Group Picture 1, Group Picture 2. One of the group shots shows them in front of their skeletons.

Stories

Robot

The outdated robot forced to create what he can't have: newer, better, fancier accessories. Why can't he be like the newer models? Why does he have to remain stuck in the past while people ignore him, opting for the more elegant, the more intelligent, the more amazing?

These new robots have advanced processors that supply them with almost anything imaginable: intelligence, emotions, power. This robot will do whatever it takes to steal those data chips.

Clown

Oh, the life of a clown. Everybody thinks you're just so funny. Being a clown can't be that difficult. You make balloon animals, blow an air horn, squeeze an over sized red nose, whatever necessary to make someone laugh. Of course, clowns are just there for temporary entertainment. What people are really there for are the performers. Acrobats, lion tamers, the fun stuff.

But now this clown wants respect. What will he have to do to earn that respect, you might ask? Oh, just some simple sabotage. Certainly not murder.

The Pirate

How exciting it must be to find a treasure map! And it's your very own great-great-great grandfather's! Just imagine; you'd be rich and famous. Everybody would know who you were. The fact that you're a pirate just adds to the fun.

Except what if you weren't a pirate? And the map was somebody else's great-great-great grandfather's map? Well, then you'd be this girl. She just wanted some adventure. A fake goatee, a peg leg purchased from the store, and a stolen eyepatch; it can't be that hard. Just don't get in her way.

Sign in to follow this