Sign in to follow this  
DF Nathan

Brutal Legend PC Is Out Of Beta! THANK YOU ALL!!

Hello to all of our awesome fans. We're very happy to say that as of 1:48 am PST, Brutal Legend PC is 100% live and unlocked. The game is in great shape thanks to a ton of fantastic feedback from our community during the pre-order multi-player beta. We absolutely could not have done it without out you, especially folks who took the time to post lists of bugs and screenshots and all that. It's because of your involvement that we really can say that Brutal Legend PC really is the definitive version of the game. Thank you all *so* much.

Of course, we're thrilled that the game is released and in very good shape, but our work isn't done yet. Brutal Legend is a big game and there are a lot of different kinds of PCs out there, so we'll continue to work to fix issues and update the game as necessary over the next few days and weeks. If you run into any issues, please post here and we'll continue to follow up.

Again, thanks so much for your support and enthusiasm over these past two weeks. Have fun, and stay \m/!!!

Thanks guys for bringing this game to PC! I've been itching to play it ever since I started playing DF's games, and now I finally can :D

Awesome work! I can't wait to play it!

I will be purchasing it sometime this week! I've been wanting to replay through BL again but decided to wait until the PC version was out!

I've seen some rather large issues so far

the sound effects sound very low quality

there's this odd animation issue going on with faces I've noticed, lips and eyebrows shake and jitter during speech.

certain shadows keep disappearing when you walk closer to them (my fov is turned all the way up this might matter)

the worm creature scream sound didn't happen when it first screams at Eddie

when Ophelia gives Eddie the map nothing happened until i pressed m everything just froze

I thought the game looked amazing before the SP unlocked, but damn does it look freakin' amazing now. You seriously haven't played this game until you've played it at 60fps in full HD with all the bells and whistles turned on. A million Fire Tributes to the ridiculously hard-working guys at Double Fine.

I couldn't help but start the campaign over again. Crysis 3 be damned, I've gotta ramp over giant stone landmarks in my flame-spewing rocket car some more.

EDIT: Figure I better make myself useful and list a few bugs:

1) All the stuff Pixel listed up there. Mostly minor issues, but worth noting.

2) The history sequences (can't think of the proper name, the moving images with the voiceover) don't quite display correctly at 1920 x 1200 - looks like they're set up for 16:9 rather than 16:10.

3) The info screen telling me how to do the earthshaker move thingy didn't have any buttons to indicate how, just blank spaces.

4) Occasional frame-dips that seem to be internal (i.e. FRAPS continues to report 60FPS but things seem to be running slower than that).

All really minor stuff at this stage, so consider me totally impressed.

I just have to say

That this game

Is one of the greatest games ive ever played

in all my 38 years.

Metal is more than just music to me. I had a pretty crappy childhood. Like...really crappy. Music was one of the only things I had that let me escape and take my mind off of the horrible crap some of the people who supposedly ''loved' me put me through. Heavy Metal helped me focus all the rage, anger, hurt and pain and turn it into something constructive. I picked up my Axe (an '86 Epiphone Les Paul) and began my long love affair with loud guitar and even louder metal.

This game is such a loving freaking tribute to everything metal and I just want to say thank you for honoring it in such a badass fashion. You put hammer and tongs to good use and have forged a game that i'm sure makes the Metal Gods proud.

Thank you, Double Fine. It was more than worth the wait.

Performance issue is my major problem with the game. I'm running it at 1280/720 AA off VSync Off 60hz (games performance is slower with VSync On)

I've attached my system DxDiag.txt to the post. Its still playable just needs some work on the user interface. selecting units with the mouse is not very good at all very hard to use the wheel menu. I realize the game is made for console but the UI needs an extreme overhaul.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B704KYscUY3JdzlDYTRlTlNIUmc/edit?usp=sharing

And we're out of beta.

We're releasing on time.

So I'm GLaD. I got burned.

Think of all the things we learned

for the people who are still alive.

when Ophelia gives Eddie the map nothing happened until i pressed m everything just froze

3) The info screen telling me how to do the earthshaker move thingy didn't have any buttons to indicate how, just blank spaces.

I had the same issues and also noticed a weird graphical glitch when selecting Back Patches in the Motorforge. It kind of looks like all the foreground geometry disappears. It goes back to normal when I switch to something else on the menu.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129673903

Anyway, awesome work! Now I have an excuse to replay and get 100% this time. :D

I had the same issues and also noticed a weird graphical glitch when selecting Back Patches in the Motorforge. It kind of looks like all the foreground geometry disappears. It goes back to normal when I switch to something else on the menu.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129673903

Anyway, awesome work! Now I have an excuse to replay and get 100% this time. :D

Exact same issues for me too.

First off, thanks to everyone at DF for finally bringing this game to PC. Everything looks great and runs great on my system.

There's still a few glitches left that I've found, however. The sound-effects in cut-scenes sound like they're really poor quality, and the worm's scream before you fight it is missing entirely. The sound-effects during gameplay were fine, as were the sound-effects during the first cut-scene in the Motorforge.

As for graphical glitches, during the cut-scene immediately after the first boss fight, the Deuce looked like it was phasing out of reality. The same thing happened during the first cut-scene in the Motorforge. Wasn't able to grab a screen capture of it, unfortunately. Also, the beacon lights were missing from the sky once you arrived on the mainland for the first time. They were there after you meet with Lars and Lita for the mission in the Crushing Pit, but they disappeared after exiting from the Motorforge. The track and artist names that pop-up while you're in the Deuce didn't show up either.

This happened in the Motorforge when I selected the Backpatch section.....

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k458/muffinduck01/BL/2013-02-26_00002.jpg

The mission name didn't show up properly in the map screen....

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k458/muffinduck01/BL/2013-02-26_00004.jpg

And maybe I'm just being a graphics snob, but the pattern on the back of Ozzy's robe looked a bit too pixelated....

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k458/muffinduck01/BL/2013-02-26_00003.jpg

Here's my system specs, if it means anything to you guys.

AMD FX-4100

ASUS M5A97 Motherboard

AMD Radeon HD 6850

2x4 GB RAM (8 GB total) @ 2133MHz

I just liked to seed my grats to the Doublefine team and whoever came up with the idea of bringing this to PC should be promoted straight away! This is not even a poxy port like the PC community normally get, this is an older game bought into the new age with proper PC options and a dedicated team behind it. I 100% this game on the xbox and I'm gonna do it again on PC.

A special mention to whoever put multi-monitor support in this game also. Bravo my friends, bravo. This game looks amazing mostly thanks to the beautiful art design. I'm in love with Jack Black and the humour in this game all over again. I just wish I could tweak more settings to really smash it :P I honestly can't believe how well this game has held up, I wish you all the success in the world.

Spoonie

Great, I never finished the game on PS3, but I bought it again :P Oh well, I have 2 copies now :D Anyway, the bugs I noticed at the beginning of the game:

- When the instruction window comes up for Earthshaker, the buttons didnt show, it was just blank.

- the first boss fight - when it scream, there is no sound of it. I actually remember the same bug from the PS3 version. I mean, really ?? :)

- the map didnt show, had to manually go to the menu. The screen just froze, like somebody before me mentioned

- I noticed some graphical glitches, but nothing major.

and there is no jumb button .... it still annoys me :P

Well, I only played for 30 minutes :) Maybe more bugs during the weekend, when I'll have more time to play :)

I have been waiting since this was first announed to play this - finally on the PC!

I have noticed that I cannot seem to place a map-marker ... apart from that - rock on!

Hermes / abekonge

I have been waiting since this was first announed to play this - finally on the PC!

I have noticed that I cannot seem to place a map-marker ... apart from that - rock on!

Hermes / abekonge

Can you try that again after deleting your preferences save from appdata\roaming\double fine\brutal legend\{steam ID} folder?

Thanks!

Hermes / abekonge

Can you try that again after deleting your preferences save from appdata\roaming\double fine\brutal legend\{steam ID} folder?

Thanks!

I'll try - and tell you how it goes ...

I waited soooooooo long for that game to come to pc that, when out of the blue ,I saw the preorder on steam ,plz excuse my language, I came a little bit in my pants.I just made it to 100% completion and I have to say that it was such an amazing metal epic world(no surprises there, Tim put his name on it ,the world had to be special),plot,characters and battles but how could you mess up driving so much?

Noticed another bug. After finding 10 serpent statues, the game does not tell you what you got, and it doesnt show you the next countdown for an upgrade until a reload or a cutscene.

On another note, is there an in-game map of all serpents? I only found about 26 so far, but I if I find 110 and have to search the land inch by inch for the remaining 10, I'll go crazy!!!!! Please, tell me there is an in-game map? Something you can buy at a motor forge, later in the game? Same question for the other relics

Noticed another bug. After finding 10 serpent statues, the game does not tell you what you got, and it doesnt show you the next countdown for an upgrade until a reload or a cutscene.

On another note, is there an in-game map of all serpents? I only found about 26 so far, but I if I find 110 and have to search the land inch by inch for the remaining 10, I'll go crazy!!!!! Please, tell me there is an in-game map? Something you can buy at a motor forge, later in the game? Same question for the other relics

You should report that in bug report thread, not here.

Regarding serpents, it will be much easier, when you finish the game or are near the end. You can choose Oculus of the Lost as secondary weapon in Motor Forge. I don't know, when exactly it is available, but it will point any unvisited item on map, if you are close enough.

http://brutallegend.wikia.com/wiki/Oculus_of_the_Lost

Just try to find as many as you can while playing, until you have Oculus available.

If this isn't enough, there is a map with every item on map, but with Oculus you won't need it, unless you really can't find it, because it is very well hidden.

http://achievementhunter.com/games/guides/brutallegend/index.php

Edit. Already explained above.

I just f*ckling love this game. I played it at the PS3-release beat it. Now I rediscover it, and find that I love it even more.

Sooo, finally finished this on PC, how about that Six Degrees of Tim Schafer then ;) Anyone here have that one? Hell, Invite me to a game, kick my ass, anything, just so I can be one of the lucky 1.1% of people out there who have this.