Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
goodgrimes

Unofficial Bug Reporting Thread!

I figured that it would make sense to put all of the bug reports in one place.

-Earthshaker hotkeys don't appear during tutorial.

-First boss's scream makes no noise during its intro cutscene.

-Strange animation ghosting when Ophelia and Eddie launch out of the rubble pile.

-After escaping the crumbling bridge, the game no longer responds to input and effectively prevents the player from continuing the game. Relaunching does nothing.

-After escaping the crumbling bridge, the game no longer responds to input and effectively prevents the player from continuing the game. Relaunching does nothing.

If you're referring to the bit where Ophelia "gives" Eddie a map, you can escape that issue by hitting Select on the 360 controller (or M on the keyboard, I think). That'll take you to the map screen, and when you return to the game you'll have control again.

-Strange animation ghosting when Ophelia and Eddie launch out of the rubble pile.

I've noticed this one in a few different cutscenes.

Other bugs:

• The history sequences (can’t think of the proper name, the moving images with the voiceover) don’t quite display correctly at 1920 x 1200 - looks like they’re set up for 16:9 rather than 16:10.

• The info screen telling me how to do the earthshaker move thingy didn’t have any buttons to indicate how, just blank spaces.

• Occasional frame-dips that seem to be internal (i.e. FRAPS continues to report 60FPS but things seem to be running slower than that).

If you're referring to the bit where Ophelia "gives" Eddie a map, you can escape that issue by hitting Select on the 360 controller (or M on the keyboard, I think). That'll take you to the map screen, and when you return to the game you'll have control again.

I just hit this bug and nothing worked. I presumed M but nothing worked, the camera is locked too, so it's just a complete break in the code. Not sure why this isn't affecting everyone.

Edit: Ah! Figured it out!

Pressing Escape and then opening the Map there frees up input and continues the game again.

Problem is no prompt turning up and the game refusing to acknowledge it.

And the default bind is backspace (Why? Why god, why?)

I've played the tutorial a couple times now and right up to the point where it introduces the Earthshaker, not only does it not show the key to use it, which I know is right trigger/q but I also can't perform it, meaning I'm now stuck without a way to progress. :[ Bummer times.

I get stuttering AFTER I pause the game.

It works fine until I press the Start button on the controller to enter the pause menu. When I exit the pause menu, the game suddenly starts to stutter and feel sluggish.

I've played the tutorial a couple times now and right up to the point where it introduces the Earthshaker, not only does it not show the key to use it, which I know is right trigger/q but I also can't perform it, meaning I'm now stuck without a way to progress. :[ Bummer times.
I'm a dingus, thought Earthshaker was a solo and forgot it was x+a. All good now.

Well I have stuff to add.

When you get the map nothing came up telling you how to use the map.

Map doesn't work in general. Cannot zoom in on map, move about map or select anything. Objective when in mp mode is just a soild rectangle of white.

Worm Beast scream durring the cutscene was missing.

Many of the chracters durring cut scenes are all choppy and are spazing out.

Sound effects durring cut scenes are like, SUPER low quality.

Found one

Seeing the screaming wall for the first time LITERALLY breaks the world. You get the "void" effect where afterimages fill up most of the screen during the cutscene when a seagull flies near the speakers.

I noticed that,in the beginning, the Druid chanting is VERY loud.

after the crumbling bridge scene where Ophelia goes "I can't wait to show Lars!", normally there's a cutscene showing Doviculus at the temple. That never played.

Also, in-world notifications don't show up. For example, notifications for when you unlocked concept art, rose up buried metal, song information in the deuce, etc don't appear. Also, after you get 10 bound serpents, the full screen notification doesn't appear, and afterwards it doesn't show your current serpent number after each freed statue.

I also got the missing Earthshaker buttons, the missing Lamprey roar, the map freeze, the unset back patch camera, and the screaming wall bugging out.

also I'm pretty sure the Raptor Elk are supposed to have fur on their bodies, but none of the fur texture is showing up. they just look like they're made of muscle with no fuzzy coat.

Still hunting for bugs~

Oh dear God no. Not the low quality SFX during cut scenes! I thought I'd be rid of them on the PC. I remember them on PS3, they were awful *shudders*

I noticed that,in the beginning, the Druid chanting is VERY loud.

after the crumbling bridge scene where Ophelia goes "I can't wait to show Lars!", normally there's a cutscene showing Doviculus at the temple. That never played.

Also, in-world notifications don't show up. For example, notifications for when you unlocked concept art, rose up buried metal, song information in the deuce, etc don't appear. Also, after you get 10 bound serpents, the full screen notification doesn't appear, and afterwards it doesn't show your current serpent number after each freed statue.

I also got the missing Earthshaker buttons, the missing Lamprey roar, the map freeze, the unset back patch camera, and the screaming wall bugging out.

also I'm pretty sure the Raptor Elk are supposed to have fur on their bodies, but none of the fur texture is showing up. they just look like they're made of muscle with no fuzzy coat.

Still hunting for bugs~

Literally every single one of these happened to me as well. Here's a less extreme example of the Screaming Wall, I've seen it worse though: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129681492

EDIT: Found another one. You can't change the heads on Mt. Rockmore. The buttons simply don't work.

There's no way to give individual orders it seems, stuck in the Cleave as a result.

Should probably have mentioned there are NO prompts or instructions ANYWHERE on screen since I started, only figured out half the stuff from Multiplayer beta.

Another thing I noticed, sometimes the becon lights will not appear in the world.

The beacon lights do appear in the world for me, allowing me to issue remote orders. (Middle mouse).

Might be a spec related issue.

Bugs I encountered:

-The druids chant very very loudly in the beginning when you get your axe.

-Sound effects are low quality much like the PS3 version of the game.

-The Earthshaker screen doesn't display which buttons to use for said attack.

-The shadows draw distance acts weird relative to the camera, see my screenshots.

-Miss Licky (the worm with the 3 tongues) doesn't make a sound when roaring the first time.

-After having slain the foul rotten worm a cut scene initiates showing Eddie and Ophelia speed away in the Druid Plow and in doing so the car and characters jag back and forth.

-Map doesn't respond to any mouse gestures and there is no cursor visible. Unable to set waypoints for said reason.

-Raptor Elks doesn't have fur.

-I am unable to see the beacon light.

-The cut scenes lag and delays the video while audio still continues at normal pace. (Might be because my PC isn't the greatest)

-Scene with Doviculus after escaping in your car doesn't show.

Minor annoyances:

-Would be nice if you could scroll on the Stats-screen.

-The sensitivity on the solo menu and build menu seems odd, like it's 'sticky'.

shadowclip.jpg

shadowclip2.jpg

shadowclip.jpg.9d332c380f1a9b78acf9511a7

shadowclip2.jpg.3d2d56afdb7063d29b3e7d13

Bugs I encountered:

-The shadows draw distance acts weird relative to the camera, see my screenshots.

-Miss Licky (the worm with the 3 tongues) doesn't make a sound when roaring the first time.

-After having slain the foul rotten worm a cut scene initiates showing Eddie and Ophelia speed away in the Druid Plow and in doing so the car and characters jag back and forth.

-Map doesn't respond to any mouse gestures and there is no cursor visible. Unable to set waypoints for said reason.

-The cut scenes lag and delays the video while audio still continues at normal pace. (Might be because my PC isn't the greatest)

Minor annoyances:

I'm having problems with the map as well. At first I thought I also couldn't move the map cursor, but then it turns out that the wsad keys move the map cursor, and RF zoom in and out. But the sensitivity is so crazy high that it's impossible to move the cursor where I want it to go, I always overshoot it even when lightly tapping a button. Can you check to see if it's the same for you?

My work around is to use my game pad for the map screen, but since other things about my crappy gamepad don't work I go back to the keyboard and mouse for the gameplay.

It doesn't look like the current bugs are very hardware specific, I've seen pretty much all of those mentioned so far.

EDIT: New patch has fixed these things for me, I chose to replay the beginning when it saw it was downloading.

*Sound effect quality is great now.

*Boss scream is there.

*Map pops up automatically.

*Earthshaker tutorial show the buttons.

Bugs I encountered:

Minor annoyances:

I'm having problems with the map as well. At first I thought I also couldn't move the map cursor, but then it turns out that the wsad keys move the map cursor, and RF zoom in and out. But the sensitivity is so crazy high that it's impossible to move the cursor where I want it to go, I always overshoot it even when lightly tapping a button. Can you check to see if it's the same for you?

My work around is to use my game pad for the map screen, but since other things about my crappy gamepad don't work I go back to the keyboard and mouse for the gameplay.

Sensitivity is really high for me as well when I move with WASD. Zooming in and out is on R and F just like you said which is really odd. This bug will hopefully be solved soon.

~~~Reposting from another thread~~~

First off, thanks to everyone at DF for finally bringing this game to PC. Everything looks great and runs great on my system.

There’s still a few glitches left that I’ve found, however. The sound-effects in cut-scenes sound like they’re really poor quality, and the worm’s scream before you fight it is missing entirely. The sound-effects during gameplay were fine, as were the sound-effects during the first cut-scene in the Motorforge.

As for graphical glitches, during the cut-scene immediately after the first boss fight, the Deuce looked like it was phasing out of reality. The same thing happened during the first cut-scene in the Motorforge. Wasn’t able to grab a screen capture of it, unfortunately. Also, the beacon lights were missing from the sky once you arrived on the mainland for the first time. They were there after you meet with Lars and Lita for the mission in the Crushing Pit, but they disappeared after exiting from the Motorforge. The track and artist names that pop-up while you’re in the Deuce didn’t show up either.

This happened in the Motorforge when I selected the Backpatch section…..

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k458/muffinduck01/BL/2013-02-26_00002.jpg

The mission name didn’t show up properly in the map screen….

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k458/muffinduck01/BL/2013-02-26_00004.jpg

And maybe I’m just being a graphics snob, but the pattern on the back of Ozzy’s robe looked a bit too pixelated….

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k458/muffinduck01/BL/2013-02-26_00003.jpg

Here’s my system specs, if it means anything to you guys.

AMD FX-4100

ASUS M5A97 Motherboard

AMD Radeon HD 6850

2x4 GB RAM (8 GB total) @ 2133MHz

~~~Repost>~~~

Played a bit more, and noticed a few other glitches

During the cut-scene when Ophelia comes back battered and bruised, Lars and Eddie phased out like the Deuce did in the cut-scenes I posted about above. ^

When I freed the bound serpents, it only displayed the counter graphic the first 2 times I freed one, and stopped after that. The counter for the Overslaughter missions was fine for the Ground Urchins, but has not yet come up for the Raptor Elks.

The Headbanger's hair is clipping through their bodies.

Lita's pendant is clipping through her chest: http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k458/muffinduck01/BL/2013-02-26_00008.jpg

This is happening when I view one of the history things: http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k458/muffinduck01/BL/2013-02-26_00009.jpg

I can set up the keyboard controls pressing the RIGHT ctrl or shift for some action but it's not recognized during the gameplay, only left ctrl or shift reacts. Which is a bummer as I use the arrow keys and mouse in my left hand.

During "Fists Shall Fall" I am not getting army command power even after starting to fly. I managed to issue commands with my gamepad though.

A similar problem occurs in "March to Impalement". Here I am able to place a beacon with my gamepad but cannot issue commands to the roadies. This means I can't advance in the story :/

Edit: After the 6.5(?)mb update I was perfectly able to advance through "March to Impalement". I am not sure if I was actually able to advance here before and just didn't know that I had to use the beacon on the tower (before the update there was no hint popup telling me how to use the beacon).

I am no sure if "Fists Shall Fall" got fixed, though.

Edit: "Fists Shall Fall" works perfectly on keyboard now. Might have worked before, I just had no idea that I had to use the beacon and probably set it by accident on the gamepad.

I have played through the intro and I have yet to see an onscreen "tool tip" that explains how to do moves. Not the full screen ones, but the little ones at the bottom.

I have played through the intro and I have yet to see an onscreen "tool tip" that explains how to do moves. Not the full screen ones, but the little ones at the bottom.

Don't know if this particular bug was fixed in the patch earlier or not, but it would seem that all tool tips were not popping up when I was playing. Would recommend this one get fixed pronto if it hasn't been, since you can't progress after a point, without knowing what the one dealing with individual unit orders tells you.

whenever i press esc for the pause menu, it flickers on and off, then once i go back into game, everything stutters. At first i thought it had to do with my msi afterburner overlay, which has been causing lad issues this entire time (when i have it on, not even activated, the loading screen stays on forever, even though i can hear my character moving when i press keys), but when i turn it off, i still have the same issue.

as long as i NEVER press esc, the game seems to run fine.

system specs:

phenom II x4 @ 3.6ghz

560ti 2gb with 314.07 drivers

8gb ddr2 800mhz ram

windows 7 x64

Bugs I encountered:

Minor annoyances:

Sensitivity is really high for me as well when I move with WASD. Zooming in and out is on R and F just like you said which is really odd. This bug will hopefully be solved soon.

It turns out that the preferences got out of date after one of our patches, so resetting them should fix the map controls! You can either delete the prefs.sav file in AppData/Roaming/Doublefine/BrutalLegend, or go to the Options menu and press E to reset to defaults.

If this doesn't fix the map, let us know so we can figure out if something else is going wrong.

Sign in to follow this