Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
goodgrimes

Unofficial Bug Reporting Thread!

This might just be me, but even with the controller, driving the deuce is kind of annoying. I think it would be better to have the tire spin up a seperate button press, instead of spinning the tires every time. Plus, controlling it is really kind of sluggish, it handles horribly. I dunno..just wish the overall vehicle control were a little better.

Found this while cruising around for demons to kill.

Attached screenshot with error and location of the error on the map.

Also another minor error I noticed is when having subtitles enabled and you kill enemies with the Disgorger the subtiles will say things like (Hit by axe) and (axeswing).

Woops.jpg

Woops 2.jpg

Woops.jpg.76db6165fdfcc7f8782854abcc040d

578d00340b959_Woops2.jpg.e96f2252fd6e090

I think it's a bit sticky too, and I've had that same cursor bug before. But it does make me think - surely it would make more sense to just have the cursor appear in these menus, work normally, and have the selection done by where the cursor is placed?

This. I've been finding it extremely difficult to select things in the solo and unit menus; this would be detrimental if you needed to select something in a hurry, and on more than one occasion I've had to close the menu, reposition my cursor, and reopen the menu.

It would be better if the selection mechanism paid attention to where the cursor is in relation to the center point, rather than where the cursor is in relation to where it was when you first opened the menu. Alternatively, considering there are always 8 items on these menus (I think), let us use combinations of the arrow keys or ASDW, as sort of a makeshift D-pad, to select from these menus.

Overkill is STILL not being activated for me :/ I went back to the Hunter after the update and talked to him again but still no achievement for me

I think Overkill is only able to trigger the first time you end the quest. While the hunter remains and you can talk to him over and over again, you will notice that the quest marker has disappeared. You might want to try and load a chapter where you didn't already finish the quest.

Overkill is STILL not being activated for me :/ I went back to the Hunter after the update and talked to him again but still no achievement for me

I think Overkill is only able to trigger the first time you end the quest. While the hunter remains and you can talk to him over and over again, you will notice that the quest marker has disappeared. You might want to try and load a chapter where you didn't already finish the quest.

Unfortunately I completed the quest over 10 hours of gameplay ago and I have done too much to merit rolling back my progress to before I finished overkill, especially since I did a large chunk of it in the endgame.

Unfortunately I completed the quest over 10 hours of gameplay ago and I have done too much to merit rolling back my progress to before I finished overkill, especially since I did a large chunk of it in the endgame.

Okay, I just checked. The map marker disappears either as you take the last hunting quest or as soon as you kill the last Hextadon. I didn't pay proper attention. Anywho, I got the achievement and the axe treatment reward speaking to the hunter after that (I didn't get it on my first playthrough).

If you are unwilling to replay you might have to hope that DF includes a new trigger for the axe treatment and the achievement. Which could very well be never.

Except of course if Tim cruises by here on his chopper with a set of mighty pilot sunglasses, nods and one of his gangmembers gets of its ride to do a ceremonial burp. THEN you probably get the extra trigger that i.e. goes off whenever you talk to the hunter after completion :)

I've checked hunter several times, before Overkill was fixed, and got achievement and axe after talking to him again, when game updated. So it was working. Maybe something broke after latest updates on Friday.

I'm sure this has been posted already, but I've noticed that new items in the Motor Forge are missing the little pentagram that shows you they're new.

Also, I can't seem to exit the interface for the mountain effigies; I hit Esc like it tells me to, but that just brings up the pause menu.

Also also, I've apparently been promoted to a pile of kittens. Hooray!

Okay, I just checked. The map marker disappears either as you take the last hunting quest or as soon as you kill the last Hextadon. I didn't pay proper attention. Anywho, I got the achievement and the axe treatment reward speaking to the hunter after that (I didn't get it on my first playthrough).

If you are unwilling to replay you might have to hope that DF includes a new trigger for the axe treatment and the achievement. Which could very well be never.

Except of course if Tim cruises by here on his chopper with a set of mighty pilot sunglasses, nods and one of his gangmembers gets of its ride to do a ceremonial burp. THEN you probably get the extra trigger that i.e. goes off whenever you talk to the hunter after completion :)

Luckily I still get the axe treatment :P AND the ability to summon Hextadons with the Call of the Wild solo

Yeah, it triggered for me when I spoke to him later. It seems like that scene just replays any time you talk to him, just like the endgame scenes with Lita and Ophelia.

Hello!

When I start Brütal Legend on PC (downloaded from steam), I can watch the intro (bot the real-life Jack Black and the concert where the monster starts to breath fire) then I get this screen with “Loading” in the lower right corner and the game gets stuck at that point. Once I let the computer turned on for the night, still didn’t get past the “Loading”. Actually I can’t do anything at this point, can’t get back to the desktop. I’ve verified the files in the steam client but everything is OK. I’m using Windows XP running on Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ with GeForce 9800 GT and 4 GB of RAM (as far as I know, this should be enough) with up-to-date drivers. What to do?

Bug, that game crashes, when enemy quit, still isn't fixed. And as earlier, won game is counted as a loss. Had that twice already today. Last time IH vs IH. (confirmed by two other players)

This is making it so less enjoyable. I don't win often and when I finally win and it counts as a loss, because game crashed. Why is it possible to have both side ending game with a loss? I wouldn't be surprised, if even over 15 of my lost games are a result of this bug already. For good players it can be much more.

Bug, that game crashes, when enemy quit, still isn't fixed. And as earlier, won game is counted as a loss. Had that twice already today. Last time IH vs IH. (confirmed by two other players)

This is making it so less enjoyable. I don't win often and when I finally win and it counts as a loss, because game crashed. Why is it possible to have both side ending game with a loss? I wouldn't be surprised, if even over 15 of my lost games are a result of this bug already. For good players it can be much more.

Happened to me too, also, it takes me more than fifteen minutes to find someone else playing Brutal Legend so sometimes I get disconnected before the battle even begins and that counts as a loss :/

In-game chat for matchmaking games still doesn't work.

Lags seem to be bigger now too.

Hey DF, are you still working on patches for the game? Seems a while since the last patch was issued.

Hope everything is going great with the game =)

Bug in the Linux version: When selecting a solo to play, the click to play the selected solo only registers after clicking furiously for 10 seconds.

Just noticed this in the Chapters (oddly, I've never gone to this menu before) in the Linux version. I copied over my save data from Windows if that makes a difference. Otherwise, things look good.

Screenshot from 2013-05-08 11:25:38.png

578d00365bc40_Screenshotfrom2013-05-0811

Bugs on Linux version (at least):

1. Spiky Thrower or whatever, where you do change Mt.Rockmore effigies - wrong control hints. They say "left arrow, right arrow" to select head and esc to exit, while in reality it is "a, d" to select and "e" to exit. Esc calls menu, as always.

2. Fletus missions are not on the map, still Fluetus himself is present and missions are working (if you bump into him occasionally) (? I dunno, maybe that's a feature of Brutal difficulty?). Or maybe I'm just bumping into him in prior to him showing up on map normally.

3. Some animals, namely Tolluscs (bears) are sometimes spawning in the players view (i.e. visibly out of nowhere), including just damn right ahead. Especially often near Razor fields.

Also, I have a feeling that I've got some punch combos that I shouldn't have yet during the initial mission (within temple) - for instance, flashes. But this could be as I've already beat the game once.

On the PC version.

When beating the AI on Brutal. The Steam achievement does not pop up.

On Campaign mission "Under The Giant Face of Rock Bug" on Brutal

This happens

Not really sure where to post a bug, but for one thing. How come when Fletus hit my car from behind it goes all crazy, but when I hit hit car the same thing happens, and I'm just giving him a boost. Also When I did the mission "Under The Giant Face of Rock". I of course reach the finish line first, and nothing happen, but it counted when Fletus touch it. I mean I'm just really frustrated this races on Brutal are freaking hard, and is just unbeliavable. >

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/276276991585444/080B9EDDE58F786FD12FB8684ADFF88C6052C6A1/

On Linux, using the open source drivers with a Radeon HD 3870 video card, all video options disabled (shadows, antialiasing, v-sync, etc.):

- The videos that play back will play fine for a few seconds, then drop to just a couple of FPS, then play fine for another few seconds, then drop FPS again, back an forth

- The faces of Eddie and Ophelia have some corruption (missing textures? corrupt shadows? shader problems?) which changes as the faces animate (the corruption isn't static); see attached image

- very inconsistent frame rate; it will play very well for a few minutes, but then I swing the camera over to a new area or I move Eddie into a new area and the frame rate drops for a few seconds, but after a bit comes right back to a playable frame rate. I have a feeling that this is just a problem with the open source driver though.

Please don't just think I'm just complaining here... I'm thrilled to see such an amazing game brought to Linux. Huge thanks to everyone at DF!

eddie_corruption.jpg

eddie_corruption.jpg.eb6ffd61664bd3ef0c1

Matchmaking has been giving some problems. For one disconnections, and matchmaking against people who have worst ping than me. And the build menu sometimes screws up when playing online. And some other campaign bugs. Such as when passing the finish line against fletus the race is not over thus he wins.

----When winning against Brutal AI the steam achievement doesn't pop up. I won 2 times against it still no luck.

NVIDIA GTX 650 TI

Some other [photobucket]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/moizeus/2013-05-08_00003_zps4ba21b01.jpg[/photobucket]

This one when crossing the finish line before fletus

[photobucket]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/moizeus/2013-05-09_00005_zpsc6c32515.jpg[/photobucket]

[photobucket]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/moizeus/2013-05-08_00001_zps567a24d1.jpg[/photobucket]

2013-05-10_00008.jpg

2013-05-10_00008.jpg.002e9eeead0f20bfcac

Matchmaking has been giving some problems. For one disconnections, and matchmaking against people who have worst ping than me. And the build menu sometimes screws up when playing online. And some other campaign bugs. Such as when passing the finish line against fletus the race is not over thus he wins.

For the visual bugs, a few things:

* Validate your game cache through Steam. It's possible that some files are missing/corrupted.

* Make sure you're not forcing MSAA or other settings through your drivers. That can cause various wierdnesses.

When playing on the Mac version of the game I can't pull off any special moves like "Shocker" or "earthshake" when I could do that out of the boss fight, what's up with that? I'm fighting mittens at the moment.

I turned it off and on again. This fixed it.

Is the camera supposed to be zoomed in so close? I'm playing it windowed at 640x480 resolution (Mainly because my PC is crud), and Eddie's feet aren't even visible half the time. It's really hard to see around him.

Is the camera supposed to be zoomed in so close? I'm playing it windowed at 640x480 resolution (Mainly because my PC is crud), and Eddie's feet aren't even visible half the time. It's really hard to see around him.

4:3 aspect ratios will look a bit more zoomed in. The game has a user settable FOV in the options, though, so please adjust that to a perspective that you like.

Sign in to follow this