Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Headroom

Which platform would you buy the next Double Fine game for first?

Both the times I bought Psychonauts as a gift, it was for PC. If it's for PS3 I'll be able to play it while I live in my parents' house, but I won't be able to buy a copy for anybody else, since all my friends have higher-end PCs and... gamecubes and playstation 2's.

Xbox 360 But dont get me wrong i love the Wii but for tims game i want easy control on JB i would be a PC head but games cost more and i dont have cash for upgrades...and i want my comp to have space for 3d faster loading times :D

PC or PS2, since I already have those. And if it ever comes out for one of those.

OR a 360. Since I would also be able to play Psychonauts on it :]

UGH, I wish DF was able to make a superior console that could play every game they ever created, but it could only be sold to true DF gamers (so that they would have more money for awesome games) and you didn't have to buy it with actual money but instead buy it with points you accumulate by posting on these wonderful forums. That way, if you ever wanted to play these super awesome games, you'd have to post here and in the process you'd be exposed to the raw awesome might of DF and its games so you become a fellow true gamer and buy whatever game DF makes.

I imagine that would create a problem regarding the amout of spam we'd have, though.

I'm ort of relieved that 360 is a go. That makes me happy. I still say the patato and microwave platforms are the best though.

That's cause PSP is ridonculous.

your the third person i have heard that from....you watch Dexter? :D

No. I dont have Showtime.

What's Dexter? Sounds vaguely familiar....know what's the best new show? Pushing Daisies, hands down.

What's Dexter? Sounds vaguely familiar....know what's the best new show? Pushing Daisies, hands down.

I wanna watch that show but I dont think I get whatever channel it's on.

Isn't it on CW?

I have no clue, I just watch it.

CW? I'm sorry I dont get canadian TV.

Deffinatly the Wii for me. I think it would have awsome gameplay. (Imagine Psychonauts on the Wii. That'd be grand!)

Um...explain please. Motion control hasn't worked for anything 3rd party, ecspecially ports. So unless you sought a route to change every bit of the game such that you could use the motion control to a mediocre level or ditch the motion control and make it exactly like Psychonauts on the 360, PC, and PS2 except with poor d-pad controls. I fail to see were this greatness would come from. Sorry for the pessimism, but I honestly cannot see some people's infatuation with the Wii.

Deffinatly the Wii for me. I think it would have awsome gameplay. (Imagine Psychonauts on the Wii. That'd be grand!)

I think people are just enamoured with the Wii premise. Face it people, it's not a better system than say, Gamecube, and the waggle control is just stupid. It's even more puzzling that people are still gobbling up all the PR and crap Nintendo feeds them.

Um...explain please. Motion control hasn't worked for anything 3rd party, ecspecially ports. So unless you sought a route to change every bit of the game such that you could use the motion control to a mediocre level or ditch the motion control and make it exactly like Psychonauts on the 360, PC, and PS2 except with poor d-pad controls. I fail to see were this greatness would come from. Sorry for the pessimism, but I honestly cannot see some people's infatuation with the Wii.

*cough* RE4 is doing pretty well for itself.

But let's not reduce ourselves to pity arguing about ports that will never happen in the foreseeable future, no matter how much we love/hate the idea of them.

Isn't it on CW?

I have no clue, I just watch it.

CW? I'm sorry I dont get canadian TV.

Haha, CW is the re-branding of the WB. A nice, teenager-infested American TV station. ;)

Same difference.

I think I'd proboably get it for the xbox 360 because that's the only nect gen one I have and my computer sucks, and also, the acheivment points.

Concerning PS3 - What sort of S/W development tools are available to make this port work? It seems like the PS3 architecture would be a bear to deal with when trying to do a port. It would probably require a substantial amount of code rewrite to get it to work.

I do see piles of ps3 and xbox360 inventory at the local outlets. Wii, on the other hand, has apparently become the 'Cabbage Patch Doll' of 2007. Nobody has them around here at all. It might be an indicator of where one might focus their porting efforts.

I do hope that the new title does really well.

-Dan

Sign in to follow this