Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hannse12

Videogame Photography in Brutal Legend

Dear Double Fine,

I, along with many other videogame photography enthusiasts, would love to take some epic screenshots of this amazing game, but that is hard to do when certain features aren't implemented.

i don't know if this is asking too much, and it is probably at the bottom of your priority list to implement these sort of features, but i promise you, it will lead to some really great screenshots that show off the beauty of the game.

the options that really enable videogame photography shots are things like a no hud command/ key binding, a character/model hider, fov slider (thanks for already adding that :) ), and potentially a freecam feature.

Again, i know you're probably very busy with bug fixes, performance fixes, etc, but I, along with many others, would be eternally greatful for even a couple of these features .

for a little taste of what i mean by videogame photograph, check out my personal blog, and the flickr group DET.

personal blog

DET

One trick I found is that you can hit escape to pause the game, and eventually the pause menu will disappear. A short time later, the Brutal Legend logo will appear in the lower right corner.

Now for something that would be even lower at the bottom of the priority list, but it's still a minor annoyance: Would be nice if hitting the "take screenshot" key didn't disable the gamepad. Sometimes while driving around I get a beautiful vista, hit F12 and the Deuce stops dead on its tracks until I press the gas button again.

I agree, Buemba! It's even more annoying that, when you hit F12 during a battle, the DPad display, which shows how to give orders to your troops, turns into some cryptic horizontal thing that I don't know what it means and it never changes back for the rest of the battle, even after I use the controller again.

Sign in to follow this