Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
medacris

Meda's Art Corner

aww man!! I was having a totally meh day and you just turned it into totally awesome day! Thanks Medacris!! <3

Hey, making your day makes my day! I'm incredibly glad you like it!

As I told Allia on Twitter ... "Sacrifice Girl really has a Janelle Face!"

She does! I can see the resemblance.

I'm afraid I don't know Allia, though. D:

... *claps solemnly* A fitting tribute for a passed member of a great gaming community, Meda.

Thank you, Kirby. It's been heartwarming to see all the love for Ryan these past two days.

Thank you, both of you! I'm really glad to see people on Tumblr and here reacting positively to this drawing, especially the color scheme. I use a site called ColourLovers to use as inspiration for color palettes. For example, for my "Psychosona" picture, I pulled a couple of colors from this one I made awhile back.

Looking over everything in my "Loves" category, I see a lot of grey-blues, yellow-greens, rust reds, and lavender. I wonder what that says about me?

Great Psychonauts pic, meda! And I should really check out those color palette sites. I really have little understanding about it.

@Ace: They're fun to just mess around with. They can be really inspirational, too.

@flesk: Thank you! It is. It's a drawing meme response. You're supposed to draw yourself in the style of whatever series your followers suggest. The only one I got so far is Psychonauts. I did use Raz as an inspiration for the pose, yes.

Sounds like a fun challenge. I just saw your page on Tumblr. Lots of cool stuff there.

Sounds like a fun challenge. I just saw your page on Tumblr. Lots of cool stuff there.

Thanks! I'm glad that my art blog appears to be picking up steam a bit now. I guess in order to attract attention, you have to gradually become more and more well-known, and put up art at a more consistent rate. I've been trying to do that as often as I can.

Here is my most recent art:

tumblr_mqgkknkWO61qc6sgjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mqi4fxB9QH1row5uso1_500.png

Art inspired by the podcast "Welcome To Night Vale", by Commonplace Books. It's a bi-weekly sort of radio play set in a small Southwestern U.S. town where all supernatural, paranormal, and conspiracy theories are true, and local public radio host Cecil updates the town on PTA events, local sports games, mayoral scandals, public work projects, etc., which have a tendency to get interrupted by demonic children, voids, faceless old women, three-headed dogs, tiny people who live under a bowling alley, glow clouds, nondescript men in tan jackets, spiders, five-headed dragons, etc. There is a plot going on involving a handsome scientist named Carlos, a very intelligent man with perfect teeth and hair, and Cecil's crush on him. It's a very funny, bizarre, surreal, and oddly heartwarming podcast.

tumblr_mqgl0wMgk81row5uso1_500.jpg

tumblr_mqh4h1lmf51row5uso1_r1_500.png

I know not everyone likes Homestuck here, but I tried a limited color palette on the kids here, and I was curious to know if I should continue experimenting with this idea.

Carlos... *swoons* Dang it, if all this Night Vale continues, I'm going to have a problem. Great coloring work on both pictures! I like how you were a little more imaginative with Jake and Jane's skin colors, and didn't automatically go with white like some artists do because of their sprites.

Carlos... *swoons* Dang it, if all this Night Vale continues, I'm going to have a problem. Great coloring work on both pictures! I like how you were a little more imaginative with Jake and Jane's skin colors, and didn't automatically go with white like some artists do because of their sprites.

Thanks! I do really like the general consensus of what Carlos looks like. He's a very handsome fellow, indeed.

I saw a bunch of "Jake is dark-skinned" headcanons drawn by other artists, and I sort of shrugged and said, "Why not?" I like making my headcanons more diverse-- not only in terms of skin tone, but sexuality and sometimes religion, as well.

I somehow missed the latest updates. Awesome art as always and very cool that you got a tweet from Ashly Burch! Really nice that you're getting some recognition for your work.

I somehow missed the latest updates. Awesome art as always and very cool that you got a tweet from Ashly Burch! Really nice that you're getting some recognition for your work.

Thank you! I'm working on your drawing now, hoping to come up with something awesome.

I don't get a lot of feedback or commentary on my art, so I'm really glad to see all of the positive encouragement here. I appreciate it so darn much!

tumblr_mrve2mYgYm1row5uso1_400.png

A redesigned version of one of my TF2 OC's, modified for Pathfinder (a version of Dungeons & Dragons). She's a Paladin!

tumblr_mrrcc4p0uw1row5uso1_500.png

Also got a request for some Star Wars EU art. This is Mara Jade, Luke Skywalker's wife.

Wilson looks like he's eyeing Maxwell with a look of death. Heh heh! I hope to get this game really soon.

Heh, yes. Wouldn't you? Maxwell's evil and creepy.

I like it. It's not just "Tim Burton meets Minecraft," it's much more than that.

Thank you! I'm working on your drawing now, hoping to come up with something awesome.

I don't get a lot of feedback or commentary on my art, so I'm really glad to see all of the positive encouragement here. I appreciate it so darn much!

Nice. Looking forward to seeing the result.

I don't follow stuff on Deviant Art or Tumblr, so it's great that you keep us updated with stuff you make. I think that seeing some awesome Psychonauts fan art is a great way to scratch that ever persistent Psychonauts itch I'm sure a lot of us suffer from.

Glad to see you posting stuff here again.

EDIT: That's not to say I don't like your non-Psychonauts art. That stuff is great as well, even if it isn't always something I'm familiar with.

Nice. Looking forward to seeing the result.

I don't follow stuff on Deviant Art or Tumblr, so it's great that you keep us updated with stuff you make. I think that seeing some awesome Psychonauts fan art is a great way to scratch that ever persistent Psychonauts itch I'm sure a lot of us suffer from.

Glad to see you posting stuff here again.

EDIT: That's not to say I don't like your non-Psychonauts art. That stuff is great as well, even if it isn't always something I'm familiar with.

No problem. I don't blame you. I don't check dA outside of a few artists who are either friends or mentors to me, because I've heard horrors about stupidity and art theft in the community at large, and Tumblr is just as frustrating as it is amazing at times. I also wouldn't consider Tumblr the best place to go if you just want art-- it's kind of an everything blogging platform.

If you don't know a character I've drawn, feel free to ask, and I'll help to the best of my ability. Sometimes I get requests for characters I don't know that well, either (Mara Jade and another character someone asked me to draw, Bastila Shan, are from the Star Wars comics/video games that exist outside the narrative of the movies. I'm only familiar with the movies and a little of the CG cartoon that aired on Cartoon Network). This is why I try to ask people to give a brief overview of the character's personality if it's their original character, or a character I don't know well. I want to make sure to draw them in-character.

I'm glad you and Kirby have kept checking in. I owe you both.

tumblr_msbmazgQoT1row5uso1_500.jpg

This is something I drew last night based on the most recent Team Fortress 2 comic, "Ring of Fired". Last year, a new game mode was introduced where the mercenaries fight robots. Gray Mann is the evil genius that sends the robots after them. Here he is with his daughter Olivia. I have a soft spot for sweet father/daughter moments (even if both of them are very, very evil).

Aww these two are super cute! <3 I love sweet father-daughter stuff too, sometimes especially if they're sorta evil. I really like how you handled Gray Mann's face especially, he looks just as wrinkly and conniving as he should be. And I like the addition of the bots in the background. I'm sure Olivia's gonna be a great little CEO/tyrant.

Aww these two are super cute! <3 I love sweet father-daughter stuff too, sometimes especially if they're sorta evil. I really like how you handled Gray Mann's face especially, he looks just as wrinkly and conniving as he should be. And I like the addition of the bots in the background. I'm sure Olivia's gonna be a great little CEO/tyrant.

Thank you! Gray's face isn't like what I usually draw, and it was my first time really drawing him, so I wanted to make sure I was getting all the details spot-on. I don't draw backgrounds enough, I think the bots in the background really add that extra touch.

EDIT: Here's the WIP colored version of that Gray & Olivia drawing:

tumblr_msfg3suNBl1row5uso1_1280.png

It's almost Halloween, time for Costume Quest (specifically, Wren)! Bonus appearances by Max and Lili, because why not?

I posted the Wren-as-Raz before, but here's the inked version.

tumblr_msh49pwxaU1row5uso1_250.jpg

tumblr_msh49pwxaU1row5uso2_1280.jpg

tumblr_msh49pwxaU1row5uso3_1280.jpg

Ah man, these costumes are super cute! Wren and Lili would make a GREAT dynamic duo.

Sign in to follow this