• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Bidiot Bales

New Double Fine Game?! -DROPCHORD

Saw something about that on Mix-n-Mojo the other day, which said it was going to be a music-based game using that Leap thingy.

I was thinking of getting the Leap if it ends up being as good as they say it will be anyway, and now I have even more of a reason to consider grabbing one.

Music based? a la Loom or rock band?.

Never liked those types of games :P.

I am definitely very intrigued.. I might grab one of those LEAP systems just to play with.

Website says it's coming soon. From the page source:

A music-driven score challenge game for the Leap Motion Controller, coming soon from the creators of Kinect Party

Not sure what to make of it. Don't think I'll buy a Leap just for a Kinect Party-like game, but we'll see.

I think i'll buy a Leap no matter what. So, this is excellent!

I hope it's not a 123 music rhythm/interactive experience. I really hope they push the boat out.

i would have loved to have bought and played Happy Action Theater but was disinclined to buy a peripheral that didn't have anything else going for it (Molyneux's project was nix'ed after all, since they scaled back on the microphone tech etc). If the Leap is bundled outright with the eventual ps4 release, which I'm going to buy, this new DF project will probably be one of my first purchases, short of Persona 5. But I wouldn't splurge on a new controller just for this one (likely awesome) game. Sorry DF.

...If the Leap is bundled outright with the eventual ps4 release...

The Leap is for PC/Mac.

I normally don't do this, but I placed my preorder immediately after watching the video for it. $90 shipped is totally worth it for such a device.

Dude. Someone tell me what is the song playing on the teaser trailer. Must. Know. Now.

Dude. Someone tell me what is the song playing on the teaser trailer. Must. Know. Now.

Reminds me of the catchy-as-all-heck dubstep track from Kinect Party. I wouldn't be surprised if they collab'd with the same musician again. Either way, I must purchase both tracks.

How/when is this available? I've got a development Leap Motion here now, want to play with it.

You might be too far into development to add Linux, but the Leap Motion Controller just added Linux support...

www.ubuntuvibes.com/2013/03/the-leap-motion-controller-now-supports.html

Reminds me of the catchy-as-all-heck dubstep track from Kinect Party. I wouldn't be surprised if they collab'd with the same musician again. Either way, I must purchase both tracks.

Close, medacris.

The track in the teaser video was done by a fellow named Brian Trifon. He's done some music for DF before and will have a few songs in Dropchord.

The dubstep activity in Kinect Party was done by Jon Shamieh. He will also have a few songs in Dropchord.

Overall, the soundtrack is going to be pretty rad.

Hopefully we can put together a soundtrack after the game is released.

Thanks for the reply Patrick!

The soundtrack will definitely be on the top of my want to buy -list. I really hope you can put it out for sale, at least an all-digital version, if nothing else.

The Leap Motion idea seems very intriguing. This could be the device's first killer App. There seems to be alot of cool gaming related peripherals coming out lately.

You might be too far into development to add Linux, but the Leap Motion Controller just added Linux support...

www.ubuntuvibes.com/2013/03/the-leap-motion-controller-now-supports.html

I'm interested in this, also...