Sign in to follow this  
TinyGrasshopper

Linux?

I say this with my shoulders shrugged high in the air, going like eeeehhhh???

I don't know if any Linux gamer is asking for it or if it's worth the money but I just figured I would ask since DF's Linux track record since the humble bundles has been pretty great lately (The Cave is awesome btw)

I was just watching the TNT on Giantbomb and I remembered how awesome the game is.

I would also like to register my support of Brütal Legend on Linux.

Do keep in mind that BL on Windows still has a ton of bugs, so expect DF to focus on polishing the Windows port before moving to the Linux and OS X ports.

I jumped the gun and bought the game when I heard the rumours that they "might" support Linux. I am suspecting I may have acted a tad too fast since I no longer have a Windows partition to play the game in. I am waiting for the Linux release.

Another vote for a Linux version.

I didn't have enough willpower to wait for the Linux version of The Cave before playing through it multiple times, and so I'll have to feel forever guilty for having skewed the OS statistics. This time I want to wait for a native Linux version before buying. (Or, you know, a sale I can't resist.)

I already own the PS3 version of this game. So the Windows version didn't win me over completely but I would love to play this game on Linux :)

I would also vote for the Linux version, then there would be one less reason to boot into Windows for me.

I would buy Brütal Legend for Linux. After playing Psychonauts and the Cave, I am convinced that anything from Double Fine is gold. I bought the Amnesia Fortnight and the two games made with the Moai engine (Hack n' Slash and SpaceBase DF-9) worked in Wine, but the ones made with the Brutal Legend engine complained about shader model 3. I wonder if porting Brutal Legend to Linux would make these wonderful games easy to port.

This is worth doing, if DF do it in-house.

This is not worth doing, if DF need to call in a subcontractor like Ryan Gordon (again) and get a single bug-filled binary that never gets its worst issues patched ever ever (again)

As far as I can tell Double Fine has taken over maintenance on Psychonauts and they've made the Linux version of The Cave themselves, so I think it's more than likely that they would do it themselves if they were to release a Linux version.

Double Fine, you are awesome for releasing Psychonauts on Linux. It was great to see such a refreshing and amazingly original game after a long time. And that too on Linux!

It is for this reason that I am willing to throw money at any Linux games you release. Please make Brutal Legends happen on Linux!

Hopefully computer gamers have noticed a fairly clear pattern over the last couple years that as we've gotten the rights to our games back from the original publishers, we've been making an effort to support all three major PC platforms--Windows, Mac, and Linux. As you all know, the biggest gaming audience is on Windows so we have to start there, but if a game does well on Windows, it gives us the resources to bring it to Mac and potentially Linux as well, as we've done with Psychonauts and The Cave. (Due credit to Sega for supporting our desire to target PC, Mac, and Linux instead of having to wait years to get the rights back.)

So anyway we'd love to bring Brütal to Mac and Linux! It's always good to see more evidence of support for those platforms.

I was only mildy interested in Brutal Legend before, but if it came to Linux I'd probably get it for that reason alone.

Maybe it's too early to think about this, but if the Steam Box really ships with Linux (and isn't a huge flop) these ports and DF's experience in the platform might very well prove to be valuable.

Maybe it's too early to think about this, but if the Steam Box really ships with Linux (and isn't a huge flop) these ports and DF's experience in the platform might very well prove to be valuable.

We sure hope so!

aha! I finally made an account and found the reply button. Now i can show my support for my favorite OS, Linux and favorite doublefine game, Brutal Legend. Now if only if i can figure out exactly what to say.

One less reason to boot into Windows! \m/ \m/

...so... any chance you need beta testers? :cheese:

If you need beta testers for the Linux version I'm all up for that.

I hope you get that Coach Oleander/hieroglyph bug fixed soon.

This time I want to wait for a native Linux version before buying. (Or, you know, a sale I can't resist.)

Sale it is then. It's hard to say no to 50% off on Steam. I still hope my massive backlog of games is enough to help me resist playing until an eventual Linux release.

Aaaand. It's just have been released to public. And you may buy it on https://www.humblebundle.com/

Shame steam version missing executable and weights 138Mb right now =)

P.S. Lol, it's only soundtrack on steam under the name of Brutal Legend. Seems someone published wrong depots ;)

Eh? Pay-what-you-want is not discounted? I mean, $8 is far less then I've payed for BL (and even less then it's now on sale).

Eh? Pay-what-you-want is not discounted? I mean, $8 is far less then I've payed for BL (and even less then it's now on sale).

What I mean is that if I don't already own these games, it would be ~$35 for Psychonauts, Costume Quest, Stacking, Brütal Legend, and Broken Age. That is a wonderful deal, and on top of that, one of the limited shirts would only cost an extra $35. Unfortunately, I already own all those games, as well as the soundtracks, in one form or another; from this perspective, the cost to me for one of the t-shirts balloons to $70.

And what do I do if I want both shirts? :(

Pay $70 and redirect everything to charity to make DF feel bad :D

P.S. I more disapointed that I can't play BL despite of the fact I already own it on Steam, but I can play it if download from HiB. And what about achievements? =)