Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Episode 8: "Adventure Games Are Not Dead"

I'm always entertained when I get to see these eps. Tim's daughter is adorable. I was freakin' thrilled when Tim said the words 'Iron Brigade' near the very end....rewound the vid to hear him say those magical words 2 more times. I also agree with Tim on the matter that Tim should not die. Tim...die...NO. Seriously. It was really pleasant to see staff in action as well...like how there was input from Chris and got to see him do stuff, when usually you might get a response from him on behalf of DF in the forums. I hope Tim achieves his dieting goals and I am totally jellyous of his juicer machine. I left mine behind when I left America. I was very inebriated a day that a jack lalanne juicer infomercial was on, which is why I got a juicer initially. You can make some wacky flavors if you put a tiny li'l bit of red pepper in w/ whatever, but if you use a lot, the juice tastes like tabasco sauce...I did not finish the glass I made when I figured that out.

*Edit: Aside from 2K Pro, XP Black was my choice of windows...of course ppl would like 7 after using that total P.O.S. vista...I saw all them XP bashing comments and couldn't help throwing in my 2 cents...

Lost post, clicked wrong button.

Suffice it to say, things slipped after Amnesia Fortnight, update should have gone out about this episode, I'm amongst those upset that they didn't get any input when it was asked for about the title, etc.

Enjoyed this episode though, going to watch 9 now, thank you for sorting out the updates, we can't all get onto the forum as frequently as we would like.

Not sure what to make about some of these complaints that the documentary is not going into enough detail. I think this is the most transparent game development process that's ever happened in the history of games, so to say that we asked 2pp to "tone it down" is...well I just don't know how to respond to that. It's just not true. We've only ever asked 2pp to refrain from story or puzzle spoilers, or things that might get us sued or otherwise put the business in serious peril, and I stand by that decision. Other than that, we're discussing some pretty sensitive topics, like budget and schedule, on a project that's at a point where you would NEVER usually hear public and frank discussion about budget and schedule.

This episode showed each new team member and described what they were working on. I think that's a great snapshot of the production. Going into more detail than that is the kind of thing better left to our forum posts. I'll admit those fell off as we got swamped in the last couple months, but we will do better about regular posts from now on.

I know there was a a bunch of stuff in there in my house and about my car, but that wasn't at the expense of any detail--the episode was extra long to compensate for this. And a lot of people enjoyed it!

If there are some details you feel you are missing out on, please send those requests to Greg or Chris in case they can turn that info into a forum post, or 2pp could make a side quest about it.

2pp have chosen to tell the human side of game development. What the team goes through--their creative process, the tough decisions they have to make, and how it affects them. I think the documentary does that extremely well, and I'm glad that they are sticking with that path. I hope most of you are enjoying the episodes for what they are trying to do!

Thanks,

Tim

I'm glad I trolled earlier posts so I could read this.

*Edit....I forgot to mention Iron Brigade.........................IRON BRIGADE!!!!!

Sign in to follow this