Sign in to follow this  
medacris

Double Fine Action Interviews, Videos, Etc.

DF Tours:

DF Office Tour (2009)

Scott C. Interviews:

Scott C. on A Jumps B Shoots Podcast

Scott C. on Guys With Pencils Podcast

Ron Gilbert Interviews:

Double Fine Game Club | Transcribed version --by Cheeseness on the forums! Thanks!

Peter McConnell Interviews:

Game Informer Interview (More about his work on the Sly Cooper series, but does mention LucasArts and DF)

Nikki Rapp (Lili Zanotto) Interviews:

Sam & Max.co.uk Interview (also discusses her work with Maxis/EA on The Sims, and Telltale Games on Sam & Max and Monkey Island)

Greg Rice & Nathan Martz Interviews:

Cheese Talks To...

Tim Schafer Interviews:

Pre-DF Tim Schafer Interview From 1996 --Thanks, Elum!

Tim Schafer on Job Cuts on the Video Game Industry --Thanks, J.L. Anderson!

Tim Schafer on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon

Tim Schafer on Side Missions Podcast

Tim Schafer & Steven Dengler (Dracogen) Interviews:

Polygon.com Double Interview --Thanks, AlexCovic!

Brett Shinn Interviews:

Byte Magazine Interview --Thank you, Mr. Shinn!

I'm looking to collect any interviews of the staff, voice actors, videos where the staff has a cameo for any reason, stuff like that.

Cheeseness on the forum just interviewed Ron Gilbert at the last two DF Game Club sessions for the Cave:

Feb 23, 2013

Cheeseness on the forum just interviewed Ron Gilbert at the last two DF Game Club sessions for the Cave:

Feb 23, 2013

Ah, you beat me, Acefox :D

I transcribed that interview as well, which might be a bit easier to absorb for some (and definitely easier to quote).

In January, I also did a short interview with Greg Rice and Nathan Martz.

Feb 23, 2013

Ah, you beat me, Acefox :D

I transcribed that interview as well, which might be a bit easier to absorb for some (and definitely easier to quote).

Thank you, guys! I'll have to watch/read those and add 'em to the masterlist.

Not really an interview but I only now saw this: http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/8smjw1/brutal-legend-tim-schafer-on-late-night

Dude is just as funny as any comedian guest in there. :)

That's why I first got into Tim's games. I saw a bio of him or saw him in an episode of a show on TechTV where they were talking about LucasArts and Double Fine and Psychonauts, and I thought "This dude is funny and chill, and he looks like someone you could hang out with". I'm also glad to see the "Jack Black was a fan of Psychonauts" thing confirmed. I already liked Jack Black, but that just earns extra points from me. Jimmy Fallon is a cool guy, too. Just as good at ad-libbing as he was with a script on SNL.

I could say that Jimmy's whole "Satan-worshipping metal band" thing is a bit inaccurate, but I believe that's a topic for a whole 'nother thread.

Cheers!

Just a quick note - I did the interview with Greg and Nathan for my own "Cheese talks to" site rather than as a part of Game Club ^_^

Cheers!

Just a quick note - I did the interview with Greg and Nathan for my own "Cheese talks to" site rather than as a part of Game Club ^_^

No problem. I've since fixed it.

Something I'm especially interested in adding to this list (which I've searched for, but haven't found much of) is anything with the various voice actors. I've found a couple of Jack Black ones where he mentions playing Eddie Riggs, but not so much on the others. In fact, there's very little on video game voice acting that I can find in general, and if a well-known cartoon VA does do VG work, the interviewer rarely asks about their gaming roles. Argh.

Added one of the first voice actor interviews I found, with Nikki Rapp (Lili Zanotto's VA). She seems like an incredibly sweet lady! I'll keep gleaning older pages of the forum as well, and link to any other interviews I find.

It's not an interview per se, but I did publish an article yesterday about Linux support in crowdfunding campaigns which has some neat quotes from Chris Remo regarding the DFA.

Nice article. I remember there were some discussion about it on the Steam forums before the public linux beta, but it's really interesting to see a proper write up on it along with some quotes from people in the game industry.

Nice article. I remember there were some discussion about it on the Steam forums before the public linux beta, but it's really interesting to see a proper write up on it along with some quotes from people in the game industry.

I'd been planning to write that article since Wasteland 2's crowdfunding project. I'm glad that chatting with the guys behind The Realm gave me the nudge I needed to get it out there.

I hope it has some small impact for them. I couldn't really afford to pledge higher than the Master Artisan tier, and I'd really like to do more to help them achieve their goal.

Yeah, they desperately need all the help they can get with only a week to go of the campaign. And if they don't make it, I hope they're able to make whatever changes they see necessary and try again sometime in the future. I know some have speculated that the lack of an Amazon option for funding might have made it too inconvenient for some to bother with it. If so, they might have better luck going the same route as other non US campaigns.

Thanks, both of you! I'll keep updating whenever I find a new article or video to link to. I appreciate the help.

Oh whoops! I forgot to mention the Game Club interview we did with Tasha Harris for our Costume Quest playthrough! Here's the stream archive (gosh, what an embarrassing opening :D ) and transcript.

Also, we recently had Oliver Franzke on SteamLUG Cast to talk about Broken Age and Double Fine stuff :)