Sign in to follow this  
Tim Schafer

Writing Update#4: Potential Reds Names Incoming! (Edit: Broken Age wins!)

Broken Age makes me think of Broken Sword. As well as making me feel that it is an RTS

ivi

in italian reads as "e v (ee, vee)" and means "therein";

looks like two people either holding hands, or sitting back to back, while leaning on their hands =]

somewhat resembles the word "eve";

ivi

in italian reads as "e v (ee, vee)" and means "therein";

looks like two people either holding hands, or sitting back to back, while leaning on their hands =)

somewhat resembles the word "eve";

That is very lovely but it makes me think of the Wii logo.

New Awakenings

Oh, indeed might be so for some. Posted it just because people were discussing the middle part in "divide" recently.

"Broken Age" will need a little bit of getting accustomed to.

But until the name is public, still going to be thinking of it as "Reds: A Double Fine Adventure" =)

"As above, so below"

That's the first one I kinda like.

That one's definitely my favorite by far. "As Above, So Below" sounds unique, stands out, and fits the story on both a literal and figurative level.

Of the names in the poll, my favorite is Broken Age; I think it works well with the story thematically. Small Offerings sounds like it only applies to the girl's portion of the story. The Divide is fine but doesn't strike me as a name that would grab my attention. Worlds Apart is definitely applicable to the game, but it also sounds like a very stereotypical name, the sort of name you'd only fall back on if you couldn't think of anything else.

That said, I'm rather sad that Worlds Apart is winning the poll by a rather large margin >_>. It's certainly the most bland sounding. I'm hoping they'll go with the name that they feel fits the game rather than automatically agreeing with the poll :).

I'm not sold on any of the names, but 'Worlds Apart' I think is most apt, based on the description given. In part because of the obvious in that they are worlds apart, and in the subtle irony that their lives are more similar then meets the eye. So while Worlds Apart wouldn't be my final choice, I think a title based around that idea would be best.

Though The Divide does have some good points too, not so much on their lives apart, but the choice to go against the grain. The divide of the ordinary from the extraordinary.

Only 1890 votes right now. 87,142 backers from Kickstarter... Why wasn't there an update about this? Was feedback only wanted from forum posters and not the other ~86,000 people?

Only 1890 votes right now. 87,142 backers from Kickstarter... Why wasn't there an update about this? Was feedback only wanted from forum posters and not the other ~86,000 people?

Everyone has access to the forums and for those who don't visit often there's a web page and RSS feed with all the latest updates. Tim also tweeted about it for good measure.

Why does every game have to try to have this really meaningful name...

For all I care we can call it, "Double Fine Adventure".

Or "A Story We Totally Didn't Make Up"

DF should watch out, if the game will be frustrating it would be known as Broken Rage

(not that I think they plan to, just hoping 'broken' won't backfire)

People keep saying that, but if the game really turns out to be sh*t (it won't), the name will be the least of its problems.

Man, Tim should really update the OP so that people know they've already come to their decision...

I'm not suggesting titles, I just wanted to make a joke.

Few and Far Between.

"The Divide" is the suggested name I like the most. I don't think it's perfect but it's the way to go. Like said earlier "Divide" alone is already better.

just a thought of mine would be to write it : Di\/iⱭ , it represent the two worlds with the two protagonists with a separation (a ravine) between them.

also it's simple looking, easy to pronounce, and when you write it backward it makes Di\/iⱭ

those were my 2 cents... (my english is terrible, sorry)

"The Divide" is the suggested name I like the most. I don't think it's perfect but it's the way to go. Like said earlier "Divide" alone is already better.

just a thought of mine would be to write it : Di\/iⱭ , it represent the two worlds with the two protagonists with a separation (a ravine) between them.

also it's simple looking, easy to pronounce, and when you write it backward it makes Di\/iⱭ

those were my 2 cents... (my english is terrible, sorry)

A truly awesome idea actually. To bad that you really should have the "e" at the end. Misspelling the title isn't great, even if it looks cooler.

A truly awesome idea actually. To bad you really should have the "e" at the end. Misspelling the title isn't great, even if it looks cooler.

Yeah I guess... I just see that kind of stuff sometimes (changing the spelling of a word) so I assumed it was OK to do so.

but hey, I'm not an expert.

voted but please just note and do not use The Divide that's making it looks like it's linked to the Dreamfall universe so should be avoided at all cost.

I voted for "Worlds Apart", but I understand it's very overused. If "Twice upon a Time" wasn't already a film by Lucasfilm it would have been a great choice.

Just some random suggestions:

"Duplexity"

"Dual Domain"

"Here and There"

"Kindred Worlds"

Hi there. This is the first time I look nto the thread, so I don't know all the original options. But really, thise two were the msot popular? I find them both terrible! And I don't even know what "Broken Age" is supposed to mean...

The two new suggestions "The Divide" and "Worlds Apart" sound better. I haven't really decided yet. They are both not perfect, but might work. Gotta think about this some more.

I honestly don't really feel "Broken Age" is a grower, so I'll just toss some ideas:

Above and Below

And the one I really like:

Breathe out

We cannot call this game worlds apart... seriously. Sounds like something a sixth former would come up with.

Of all the names I've read the divide is the only one that jumped out at me.

Still, zak mckraken and the alien mindbenders is the greatest named game of all time. ACTUAL SCIENTIFIC FACTS!

OK so I have the forum to myself until the Americans wake up! I put "tween" into a band name generator and...

Tween Trouble

Tween Team

And...

Tween Look-alike Of The Hydro Wafer

Oh yes it did!

Final post. Honest. Unless I come up with something amazing like :

The Intergalactic Age of the Magnificent!

The Divide is good but it should be written G|B so that it represents Girl and Boy separated by some kind of barrier. The pipe character is great because it symbolises that even though they are apart there's some means of communication between them, because I assume they will interact at some point.

The Divide is good but it should be written G|B so that it represents Girl and Boy separated by some kind of barrier. The pipe character is great because it symbolises that even though they are apart there's some means of communication between them, because I assume they will interact at some point.

If you look at one of my earlier posts, I wrote an example of how the "i"s in Divide could represent the two children.

Sign in to follow this