Sign in to follow this  
Tim Schafer

Writing Update#4: Potential Reds Names Incoming! (Edit: Broken Age wins!)

Possibly Crossing Lines - The characters each cross the lines their parents/worlds have set for them to explore the unknown. When lines are crossed, there are consequences. Also, as a logo gimmick, the "n" in lines could appear to be a "v" that's been inverted somehow, thus bringing in "Crossing Lives".

I like "Small Offerings" more than the other ones... but does it apply to the boy as well? If it does then +1 for that one. Also "The Cut" sounds like a teen sports 80s movie. "Will Chad make his high school team?" Find out in "The Cut"

Dimension Wanderers?

Ah, who am i kidding, i suck at making titles.

EDIT: Dimensions because the boy being in space and both of them changing their lifestyle, ya know. It still sucks anyway

I wasn't mad on any of the choices so suggested Torn as a name (as the characters are torn between their responsibility to their families and their desire to be independent)

But after looking on Wikipedia, it seems there's already some game from 2003 called that so *shakes fist* DAMN YOU, TEXT BASED RPG!

(seriously though, I'm sure whatever you settle on will be good)

None of these really float my boat. The monster themed ones don't seen to fit the whole tale.

And you would know this because? Really, I don't see a poll being very useful in this situation because we just don't know that much. It would be like naming The Lord of the Rings "Old Forest Adventure".

Now that I think about it though, many great things have VERY generic names but they aren't any worse for it. Fallout? The Office? Hamlet?? :)

My suggestion is "Transitioning Adolescence" maybe a bit on the nose but i like the sound of it. Im Swedish i might add, perhaps it sounds awful and weird to people where English is there native tounge....

Chose to go with Monsters' Cradle. Really like the way it has this sort of underlying sinister tone to it.

Also tossed in a suggestion of my own: Small Steps.

Just throwing more out there...

Lost at Home

Gaping Chasm

Over There

The Grass is Always Meaner

Shipping (because they are both constantly going to new places and the boy lives in a spaceship)

Duodrama (a play or drama for two characters or actors.)

Dualism (a twofold division in several spiritual, religious, and philosophical doctrines)

Worlds Apart

That was actually a really good one based on what we know about the game.

Or maybe Whole Apart?

Ran "Divide" through ye olde thesaurus seeing as that seems to be a popular option.

How about "Estrange". It means both to be kept apart from something, usually ones loved ones, or to turn away from or alienate said loved ones. Given the story, this seems reasonably appropriate.

I think it also has a rather ring to it as a title.

I think the name need to be as little specific as possible, but still contain a word or meaning that cover both sides with an equal amount. That's why "the cut" is nice. I can understand it's difficult! Any reason as to why they're so short? Perhaps "something-the cut" to make it sound slightly less random. Or maybe it's just my love for tasty words like these http://www.vocabulary.com/lists/52473#view=notes :P I like the thoughts behind the "young monsters" and "monster's cradle" though, bit of symbolic value in those :) Even though the word monster is a bit... old college horror movie-esque :(

Voted for "Small Offerings".

Also threw in a suggestion - "Lost and Found".

I picked none of the above also,but i feel bad becuse the best i could come up was 'divided offspring' wich sounds kinda wierd :/

I think it would be cool if the name sounded like something studio ghibli would name one of theyre movies,becuse some the art looked similiar to the style they use.

I actually kinda liked the idea of the game being called Double Fine Adventure.

Certainly its a bit of a clumsy title, but its been around for about a year now and its kinda stuck with me.

Oddly it does share some themes of the game too. There are 2 parallel adventures, thus "Double" and "Adventure" make sense.

I figured since its such a famous name that would be the final name of the game. Easy for even people who barely know of the game to identify what it is immediately at launch. "Oh, this was that big Kickstarter thing people were talking about a while ago. Maybe I should check it out!"

But I guess if someone does come up with a really good name it shouldn't be ignored. So far none of the names really jump out at me (The Divide is probably the best, props to FlatFoot).

I submitted "New Destiny". Looking forward to this game more than ever after reading the plot synopsis!

why dont you let bagel decide which title would fit the best for a logo that he can design huehue

While I think "Broken Age" and "The Cut" are relatively fitting titles, they don't exactly jump out at me, so I thought about what I'd like the title to be, and I came up with "Divided Rebellion" because the kids live in a divided world and have chosen to rebel against the path set before them and go their own way, I figured it was simple yet the title worked for me. It could also be a double meaning in that they have divided opinions about whether or not to stay within the roles set by society, or go against them, it's a personal struggle for them. Ok, I'd better stop now before the Literature student in me takes over and I get too deep about this :P

None of these titles really resonated at all.

So far, I like Anywhere Else from the suggestions.

Or maybe something even more simple: Outside.

But I guess if someone does come up with a really good name it shouldn't be ignored. So far none of the names really jump out at me (The Divide is probably the best, props to FlatFoot).

Ha! I'll take it. Thanks Leftbracket!

As many are saying those names don't really sound that good (but there are not bad, not all), maybe you can do another survey with new ones added.

Some of the names people are suggesting sound good. I don't know, I added some cheesy ones such as Two as One or Colliding Lives but whatever.

My suggestion is "Transitioning Adolescence" maybe a bit on the nose but i like the sound of it. Im Swedish i might add, perhaps it sounds awful and weird to people where English is there native tounge....

I had similar thinking. I'd suggested "Break in Transition", which sounds also sort of like break in tradition. Alternatively, I suggested just "Transition Break". I've tried to avoid too many game details beyond the prompts given, so maybe I'm way off.

Split Harmony.

Void Paradise.

Void Harmony?

I like swapping over the middle one...

Paradise Void

Sign in to follow this