Sign in to follow this  
Tim Schafer

Writing Update#4: Potential Reds Names Incoming! (Edit: Broken Age wins!)

I suggested (but it may be too long) the phrase, "Bite the hand that feeds you" because it is literally depicted in both the boy and girls story.

The boy hacks the computer that looks after him and the girl opposes tradition and risks her towns safety.

In the vein of the indie rock sounding Anywhere Else suggestion, how about:

Out There

Is This It?

Anywhere But Here

All There Is

Changes

Ennui

Somewhere

Atlas

Separately, of course. All of those at once would be a bit much. :P

I combined Broken Age and The Cut into:

The Cutting Age

Not all that intrigued by the titles suggested. Most one or two word titles need the have a really catchy quality to them, or they're easily forgettable, and I think the ones on the list were pretty good but nothing stand-out dynamite. And us knowing only the vaguest details of the game will result in some vague title suggestions.

Nonetheless, I suggested:

Departures from the Norm

It's a common descriptive [removed]though not so common that it's been taken). But its cadence-and-flow is more like a fantasy/sci-fi adventure title (think Tales from the Crypt, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Planet of the Apes, ... Day of the Tentacle) so I could see it looking pretty rad with the right typography.

""

I mean just give the name of the girl as a title

This is what the space boy would really do, if he was asked to name his adventure. This is how people in love think...

p.s what's her name by the way?

I submitted "Elsewhere", though it seems so obvious that I assume many others have considered and dismissed it.

Thinking about the "[...], they find out that with that power comes the possibility of hurting those they love." aspect, I can only think of something about the lines of Epiphany, but feels too short and weird for a title.

I proposed Echoes.

Worlds Apart sounds alright as well.

At first glance The Divide seems to be a nearly direct reference to the ravine between the girl and the monsters. There is more depth to it(inadvertent pun) but not as much as either of the above.

Edit:

Departures from the Norm seems to be the best one so far.

Out of the survey choices: Small Offerings

Some really great suggestions in this thread though. I really like these:

Worlds Apart

The Divide

Anywhere Else

I feel like any one of those would fit the theme.

None of them jumped out as me as something that fits the game.

I submitted Twisted Fate

I also like the suggestion of The Divide.

I proposed Echoes.

Worlds Apart sounds alright as well.

At first glance The Divide seems to be a nearly direct reference to the ravine between the girl and the monsters. There is more depth to it(inadvertent pun) but not as much as either of the above.

Funny that you mention that. I could write down all my thoughts on what The Divide could mean and in relation to the game as we know it so far, but, I thought it'd just be better if everyone took it their own way. I like that more so. For example, you started hinting at it yourself!

I like the suggestion that "Double Fine Adventure" be part of a title. Immediate strong link to all the news coverage of the Kickstarter. I think it would work well as a subtitle to one of the one- or two-word titles that have been suggested. Like so:

The Divide: A Double Fine Adventure

The Cut: A Double Fine Adventure

Or my favorite of the ones folks here have suggested:

Chasm: A Double Fine Adventure

My suggestions:

Binary

Distant Solidarity

Perfect Strangers

Deuce

Duality

Vagabonds

Wander

Wayward Union

Concord

Vagrants

Wayfarers

I'm not really too good on names, I just throw words together. So if anyone wants to tweak these go on ahead. Just here to hopefully inspire!

I think that "None of the Above" is a good title. The characters don't want to do what they are told, so they go for 'none of the above.'

My suggestion was 'Super Freaks' - works on a few levels... David Bowie reference, which is always great, which also links in Scary Monsters - which is relevant. Then, both characters are outliers/freaks, and I'm assuming the objective is to succeed, so I guess they're super too?

All that said, 'The Divide' is pretty good :)

I combined Broken Age and The Cut into:

The Cutting Age

This sounds like some teen angst self harm movie! ;-)

I do like some of the suggestions better than Tim's idea's! Sorry Tim.

The Divide (although I think I prefer just "Divide" as someone else has just said, as it's too close to The Cave)

Worlds Apart (maybe that is just TOO obvious?)

Ugh, in a 50/50 choice, I always seem to make the wrong decision!

A lot of great suggestions in this thread. I'm very unsure about the titles in the poll, but I like a couple of them (Broken Age, None Of the Above). I hope REDS ends up with a title that feels different, and that fits with the whole game. Voted None Of The Above (that's a title suggestion, right? It doesn't just mean "None Of The Above"?)

I also agree with the folks saying that Double Fine Adventure should be in the title somewhere... Actually, I reckon Double Fine Adventure: Ravines, Monsters and Space. Brb changing my vote to that.

Bifurcate Reality

Rejecting Reality

Rejecting Fate

Defying Fate

Intrepid Apostates

Adventurous Apostates

Apostate's Quest

Social Misfits

Misfit's Quest

Destiny's Misfits

The Unseen World

Two Halves

Destiny Carvers

Career Day

Back to Back

Really liked "Assbutt's" Running With Schisms and my contribution was Bifurcation (though it's probably a bit... off track).

The Divide would probably work too though.

I thought about putting Bifurcation because I saw this word today in my vocab cards while studying for the GRE. It is a neat word and would definitely get people looking up what it means.

'The Free Go Yonder' - something about how gaining freedom necessitates a journey into the unknown

I suggested (but it may be too long) the phrase, "Bite the hand that feeds you" because it is literally depicted in both the boy and girls story.

The boy hacks the computer that looks after him and the girl opposes tradition and risks her towns safety.

Hm, how about "The Bitten Hand" instead? It sounds good to me at least... :P

But the game is not focused on the metaphorical hand, and not purely about biting it either.

So forget anything I said. ;)

But certainly there's one thing we can all agree on: naming stuff is hard!

Sign in to follow this