Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tim Schafer

Writing Update#4: Potential Reds Names Incoming! (Edit: Broken Age wins!)

Also, didn't they joke that they would call the 'Once Upon A Monster' sequel 'Twice Upon A Monster'? Even now the two titles would be way too similar. Don't get your hopes up, you guys.

"Broken Age" sounds too much like "Dragon Age" which messes with my head, but I guess it's what DF is going with.

Hmm,.. The current updated choices:

- Broken Age

- Small Offerings

- The Divide

- Worlds Apart

Small Offerings and The Divide speak to the girl's setting, she's the offering, there's a divide.

Broken Age and Worlds Apart are a bit more generic, and work for both I think.

However, I really prefer this suggestion:

Yin and Yang.

Twice Across.

But I really, really like Twice Upon A Time.

Wow! Twice Upon A Time is really really nice!! Sounds good to me!

Twice Upon a Time

Although I already voted for Worlds Apart I changed my mind immediately when I saw Twice Upon A Time.

It's a great, catchy name AND it rhymes with Double Fine, which should be a necessity for all future Double Fine games, AND it sounds great in German: Es war zweimal.

This should be the name!

Twice upon a time!

I like it :)

My mind came up with Crossing Clefts, with "crossing" representing both getting across something, and two things intersecting..

Oh and I agree Twice Upon a Time is a good name, although it may give them trouble if they ever do a sequel to Once Upon a Monster.

"

Where's the problem? Once Upon two Monsters. Hehe ;)

ACTUALLY, Twice Upon a Monster might also have been fitting for DFA. Or "Broken Age", as we're supposed to be calling it now.

Worlds Apart. It perfectly suits the general idea of the game, Broken Age sounds a little to towards SG's arc, but SB's arc is also kinda more tailored to Worlds Apart... so just make the box art the idea Tim had of the boy and the girl in the split sides, and put the titles on their sides, both explaining the 2 general themes of parallel stories and two 14-year-olds following their own ideas but at the cost of others feelings, and the Sci-Fi + Fantasy theme. Let the public choose their favorite of the 2 stories and call it by that.

But if that doesn't seem to suit, I suggest "The Difference", but my reigning pick is still "Worlds Apart".

Please may I add my own suggestion: Parting Lots

As in, it is each kid's lot in life to follow their selected paths and they try to leave their predestined lives behind.

Pity the decision making process is over. I guess we will all get used to the chosen name soon enough.

Is there any time to change your mind?...i can already picture the art box....:

F*ck Quest 3 - "Sometimes you need to get across the universe to get laid"

I think you're in the forum for the wrong Kickstarted adventure game. Al Lowe probably has a website for that somewhere else.

I think you're in the forum for the wrong Kickstarted adventure game. Al Lowe probably has a website for that somewhere else.

Nah, Larry doesn't have that kind of problems, he can find a girl or a doll in no time.

On on the other hand, i mean that poor space boy should have spent too much time alone in that space station,right? he has needs too

Wow, I put in "The Divide" as a suggestion in the first survey. Very cool. I hope that one wins. Though by the sounds of it, it appears to be completed? :(

Is it too late to suggest "Cloven"? Since it suggests both monsters (with cloven hooves) and the divide idea.

edit: or Cloven Age?

Also not 100% on any of the choices.

Some ideas:

The Sacrifice and the Spaceship

Monsters and Motherships

I am kind of warming on "Divide" (I really like the idea of the i's representing the girl and boy)

Out of all of them, Broken Age is the most resonating of all the concepts you've talked about.

Worlds Apart is the ”best“ but it is much too overused. I like "Divide" now that I see it, but certainly not THE Divide.

Cannot feel any of the choices either...

Agree with "Divide" instead of "The"

I dont think I would like to see a point and click from you that starts with Broken. Sorry but I feel like if you use Broken Something it must be so perfect that you cannot say oh but there was is a major adventure game series with Broken something. :)

How about:

Divided Twain

Twain

Divided

Double Divide

Dual Divide

Tale-o-Double :P

Best of luck with the naaaame! :)

I think it should have a slash in the name to represent the split between the two characters e.g small/offerings. Probably not with that name though... Div/de, div/ide... I don't know these are all terrible examples. Or maybe artistically the logo could have a divide in it?

I am kind of warming on "Divide" (I really like the idea of the i's representing the girl and boy)

Not to forget: the "v" can be interpreted as the ravine, the distance that's between them. "Divide" really works incredibly well visually. It has that going for it.

I'm so happy that there's finally some activity in the updates section again! :) Voted for Worlds Apart, but none of the options sounded bad.

DF should watch out, if the game will be frustrating it would be known as Broken Rage

(not that I think they plan to, just hoping 'broken' won't backfire)

I like Broken Age, but still like the one I suggested: Entwined. Although you could say that's a bit more biased than a biased bison...dunno where that came from, but who cares!? :P

I'm having a difficult time choosing between Worlds Apart and Broken Age. Both of them are good names.

However, neither one of them... "resonates" with me. Neither sounds... awesome. I hope you don't just settle for the most voted title. I think you've still got that "f***in' genius" in you Mr. Schafer, you can come up with the perfect title. :P

Sign in to follow this