Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ecsos

mac app store version with ps3 controller

I read that this should work for example on the steam version, but I bought the app store version ...

Anyone know how to make it work? ps3 controller plugged in to mac? Want to use two so I can do coop.

Same problem here.

The Steam version recognizes the PS3 controller without problems (even without Big Picture)

The App Store version (bought again to get rid of Steam) sadly does NOT use the controller at all.

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

Same problem here: there seems to be no controller support in the MAS version of the game.

I am also using a PS3 controller (via bluetooth) and this works fine in Psychonauts (except that it displays button numbers in stead of the right labels). Support in The Cave would be awesome!

We hadn't completely implemented controller support for the Steam version when we built the App Store version, so this was unfortunately one of the things that got left out. I'll talk to people about making sure it gets in when we can get a patch up.

We hadn't completely implemented controller support for the Steam version when we built the App Store version, so this was unfortunately one of the things that got left out. I'll talk to people about making sure it gets in when we can get a patch up.

Hi Justin,

Could you please give us an update on this? It seems controller support didn't make it into the MAS update.

I've been waiting for controller support before I play the game. It would really be awesome if DF could make that work, but I do realise resources are limited.

Just got this and the game looks beautiful, but I'd much rather play it with my PS3 controller than the keyboard. Is there still hope that game controller support will be implemented for the Mac App Store version? Thanks.

+1

Keyboard is really not my cup of tea when it comes to controlling platformers and I'm afraid that will keep me from really playing the game.

I actually ended up waiting for a Steam sale and bought the game again. That version works just fine with a controller. Would have preferred DF to update the MAS version, but I guess the audience is too little for that.

Hello Justin, have you released a PS3 controller patch for the Mac App Store version of The Cave? My PS3 controller works with both Stacking and Costume Quest, but unfortunately doesn't work with The Cave.

Thank you.

Hello Justin, have you released a PS3 controller patch for the Mac App Store version of The Cave? My PS3 controller works with both Stacking and Costume Quest, but unfortunately doesn't work with The Cave.

Thank you.

So it's known for a year now that the Appstore version is still lacking gamepad support and what has been patched? Freaking GameCenter and achievements? I mean the Steam version supports gamepads, why not the MAS version? (And if this should be b/c of Appstore sandbox restriction, at least tell us, so we (or at least me) can stop solely blaming you for this.

(What I have seen so far from the game makes me really want to play it, but come on, jump'n'run with keyboard and/or mouse?)

I'm really looking forward to play this game!

best regards.

PS: sorry for sounding like a dick, but you could at least say there are troubles with gamepad support on the store page. I kinda feel tricked…

//edit: and btw: I tried the whole "copy gamepad bindings from steam config into the .app package". doesn't work either…

My solution was to return the App Store version for a refund and buy the Steam version on sale. The PS3 controller works great now with the Steam version.

My solution was to return the App Store version for a refund and buy the Steam version on sale. The PS3 controller works great now with the Steam version.

I totally forgot about the refund option. Last time I looked into that (years ago), it was a real pain. Now took me only three minutes. And even though the Steam version costs more (poor me…), I'll buy it there.

I just think it's a pity that I have to resolve the problem this way…

Sign in to follow this