Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
buckysrevenge

Interesting findings in the Cave's Default.cfg file...

(Not surprisingly) I don't understand most of the stuff in the Default.cfg (found in /Data/Config), but there are some interesting finds. I haven't played with many of them, but I might after completing all the achievements first:

playOpeningLogo = true

I tested altering this one and it simply skips the Sega and DF logos in the beginning.

enableCaveVoice = true

Not that I would want to get rid of it...

EnableCutsceneSkip = false

I guess this could be useful on multiple run-throughs...

EnableDeath = true

!!!

There's a bunch of very technical stuff in this file as well that could very likely break the game, so don't forget to make a pristine backup of the file before playing...

The user save data files auto.sav and unlocks.sav (contained in the DoubleFine directory located in %appdata% under Windows and /home//.local/share in your Linux distro) have some interesting tidbits of info and possibly manipulation, but there are some non-standard characters in there that may cause problems when trying to edit these files.

The user save data files auto.sav and unlocks.sav (contained in the DoubleFine directory located in %appdata% under Windows and /home//.local/share in your Linux distro) have some interesting tidbits of info and possibly manipulation, but there are some non-standard characters in there that may cause problems when trying to edit these files.

I can confirm that it's possible to cheat the cave paintings achievements.

Sign in to follow this