i am making this a new thread because i don't read the music thread because i don't like the kind of music you guys post. i am not a music expert so i dunno how to describe the music i like but i am told it is mostly "Chill". i am going to post some examples of songs i like and maybe you guys can post some more and we can be "Chill" together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI9bvW9alCk

more:

Woah! That is a lot of embeds!

The good news, though, is that you and I can probably be music friends, because this is the sort of thing I listen to the vast majority of the time when I'm just chillin' at home.

My favorites out of the ones you posted were XX and Chromatics. Probably gonna download those later! Thanks!

The best word I have come up with to describe this kind of music is "downtempo", which is a real classification: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtempo

But it means different things depending on who you ask, so it's usually good to clarify the particular details of what you like. And now here are some from me. Hope you like one of them!

Probably my all-time favorite downtempo artist is The Album Leaf. Soooooo goooood. If I had to pick a favorite song, it would be really hard to do, but it would probably be this one. I love the way it slowly builds and builds and builds. Awesome song for driving at night.

Another favorite of mine from waaay back is the artist "Stray Theories". So much good stuff to find there, but I especially love the use of voice on this track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi7eWgVwvAo

I hate taking the time to sift through everything and look for the good ones, but OCRemix does occasionally have some awesome downtempo remixes of game music. Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross obviously have some good ones, but here's one from FFX-2, which was a meh game, but had a couple of good tunes in it.

Found this lady on New Grounds calling herself Nemesis Theory that does some pretty awesome electronic music. For example, she did this really kick ass remix of the Terminator 2 theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj1ZbnlVbtA

Will leave it there for now and check back later. Happy chillin', hot.

Okay... I keep having this problem lately. Why the eff aren't my videos embedding?

it's the https in the url. needs to be http.

Ah! Thanks! That has seriously never happened to me on this forum before this past week. It was really pissing me off.

Definitely some really chill tracks. In the past I've noticed you really like to use that word when you're describing music you like, so I'm pretty confident you'll enjoy these songs often dubbed under the genre "Chillwave/Glo-Fi". I'll limit myself to a few links.

Hmmm. If this is "chill", it's waay to upbeat for me. Is this "chill" perhaps some kind of genre?

this is what I call chill

ZbbUv1hz6mE

dTOpQS982aM

DdLItBSdW9s

SO CHILL GURL YOU CAN'T EVEN HANDLE IT

works surprisingly well, though i think it would have been better if they did a better job of separating out the vocals

also fyi the last song i posted i heard on this nice program called "The Signal" on CBC Radio 2. if there are any canadians reading this why not see what your tax dollars are buying?

Not sure if any of this counts as "chill". I do like a bit of dissonance in my music.

here's how wikipedia describes it:

Downtempo (sometimes referred to as "chill out", "chill" or "downbeat") is a type of electronic music style similar to ambient music, but usually with a beat or groove. The tempo, as well as the drum patterns of each track can vary. Sometimes the beat can be restrained and/or simple. Sometimes the beats are more complicated and more featured instead of being in the background, but even then they are usually less intense than other kinds of electronic music like trance and house. The tempo is often slower than that of traditional electronic dance music. Often the name chill-out music is used to refer to songs demonstrative of the genre, but those names also refer to other styles of music, and downtempo encompasses a wider variety of styles than those terms alone would indicate. Due to the relaxing and often sensual or romantic feel of most downtempo music, it is a popular form of background music in 'chill out rooms' of dance parties, and many alternative cafes.

so like calmer, slower-paced electronic music (but i'm ok if you post similar sounding music that isn't electronic). my formal knowledge of music is limited so maybe someone can describe this better but you know how in those classical videos you linked they have some parts that are really big and booming and excited sounding? that's kind of what i'm not looking for in this particular thread.

I guess I don't actually have any chill music in my repertoire, then. I like my music to change over the course of it being played.

But the middle one is pretty chill-ish. I think.

Oh this thread! Man I love downtempo. Let's keep it rollin' with a 90's downtempo classic.

Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand by Primitive Radio Gods

I always get really chilled out to hip hop songs that have that kind of "lush" sound, that's how I describe it, basically ones that have a slow beat and a good drum sample, using accompanied by a nice soul sample, this is one I love just cos the beat is so damn chill, even the last two minutes which are basically just the beat repeating over and over again chill me out so much. There's a really whack Swiss verse on it though ("My Life Crazy, Like Obama's" WTF Swiss)

Not sure if this really fits here, but a friend of mine got me into this slice of life anime a while back. The soundtrack is really good. Particularly the ending theme.

4wHyKw1jD8c

Sedative version:

Grumpy hairy old man does it too:

A chick got the mic:

This one is even worse:

Time for the real deal:

MTV kids might remember this one, for some reason: