Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gonan

Will there be a discount on Steam as it is now on the Mac App Store?

Hi, as the title says, are there any plans on applying the discount you have on the mac app store also on Steam (PC)? I was wondering if the mac version is any different from the Steam one.

I really would like to buy the game but there some things that are holding me back, like the difference in price between the US and EU versions (I'm in Europe and I'm very tired of the 1$=1€ exchange rate) and now this huge discount only for mac users.

So, are there any plans for discounts on other platforms?

Thanks.

That's a nice offer if you're on the Mac only. Not as good as a full platform blown humble store/gog offer but maybe nice enough just to get rid of the steam client.

That's a nice offer if you're on the Mac only. Not as good as a full platform blown humble store/gog offer but maybe nice enough just to get rid of the steam client.

It's likely a matter of taste, but personally I find iTunes a lot more intrusive than the Steam client.

iTunes certainly is a awful piece of software (especially on Windows) but you don't need it for accessing the App Store. Plus once you bought a product there it isn't in your way anymore (well, unless you start an update or so).

So, I assume that there will be no discount for PC. That's very nice if you're not in the US and use a PC = higher price and no discount. Great.

I believe pricing of The Cave on Steam is managed by Sega and not by Double Fine. I guess it will probably be featured in one of the upcoming Steam sales though.

To anyone interested: the 50% discount is finally on Steam. So go get your copy as it'll only be available till next Thursday.

I don't know how long this discount has been running but it'd be nice to see you advertising it through twitter and all that so people that don't open Steam that often can still hear about it ;)

Sign in to follow this