Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
McSuckage

Broken Age it is?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/24/double-fine-adventure-unveiled-as-broken-age/

Double Fine Adventure, the adventure game whose progress has been a secret to all but Kickstarter backers, was revealed as "Broken Age" at a PAX East panel today. The website for the game is now live, offering art and plot information to the rest of us outside of the privileged Kickstarter class.

"Broken Age is a point-and-click adventure telling the stories of a young boy and girl leading parallel lives," the website explains. "The girl has been chosen by her village to be sacrificed to a terrible monster--but she decides to fight back. Meanwhile, a boy on a spaceship is living a solitary life under the care of a motherly computer, but he wants to break free to lead adventures and do good in the world. Adventures ensue."

Pre-orders are still available on the site, and provide access to the backer-only forums, as well as all past and future episodes of the documentary series about Broken Age's development, by 2 Player Productions.

For whatever reason I was under the impression that they were settling for Small Worlds -_-

I think the name confirmation should of gotten a thread of it's own on here and we all should of gotten emails confirming the name before announcing it at PAX. Pretty bad in my books. Announce it to the public without telling us, unless you trawl through the buried comments in that other thread.

Bah, I don't really mind.

I do however hope that the panel will be made available for streaming!

I really, really like the art on the boy's side. An adventure game with a 60's space art vibe is long overdue, it looks like its got a strong populuxe/atomic age feel to it.

I think the name confirmation should of gotten a thread of it's own on here and we all should of gotten emails confirming the name before announcing it at PAX. Pretty bad in my books. Announce it to the public without telling us, unless you trawl through the buried comments in that other thread.

I totally agree. I didn't like having to learn that through someone else via Gamespot. An email should have gone out to backers first, even those of us who don't live on the forums.

Sign in to follow this