Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RogerGermany

Project Reds official site? What the heck??????

The amount of false entitlement in this thread is ridiculous.

I gave you $50! Why hasn't Tim Schafer personally left a thank message on my voice mail?! This is outrageous! What the heck??????

Hi, you are a little late to the party! I recommend to read the latest official statement from DF in the Kickstarter comments. Even in their view they admit they mismanaged it.

Aww, boo. It would have been really nice to hear about the name - or that the name was going to announced - through Kickstarter. I thought the forums were more just for discussion, rather than the source of progress on the game. Am a bit sad about missing out on the new name.

I gave you $50! Why hasn't Tim Schafer personally left a thank message on my voice mail?! This is outrageous! What the heck??????

Hi, you are a little late to the party! I recommend to read the latest official statement from DF in the Kickstarter comments. Even in their view they admit they mismanaged it.

No, you misunderstood that. They just said they mismanaged it to apiece the entitled whiners on the forum, not because they ACTUALLY mismanaged anything. To sum it up YOU GUYS ARE SO ANNOYING

No, you misunderstood that. They just said they mismanaged it to apiece the entitled whiners on the forum, not because they ACTUALLY mismanaged anything. To sum it up YOU GUYS ARE SO ANNOYING

Now, now, let's not be rude, eh? I think the truth is probably somewhere nearer the middle.

It's true that they totally could have communicated the announcement better. On the other hand, they have repeatedly said that the forums were the place to keep up on the latest developments, so it shouldn't be surprising to anyone who is only following Kickstarter that they won't be the first to know things - so in that sense they've done nothing wrong here. However, there is clearly a demand for more frequent Kickstarter updates, so they are doing these more frequent Kickstarter updates as a compromise, while at the same time being careful to remind everyone that the forum is where it's at.

Wow, there are a lot of people on this thread that are special snowflakes...

Actually now that I read through there are only about 5 really loud people. So scratch that! :)

Chris, you guys are doing a great job, I know you have to apologize and try to calm the hoards but there is a silent majority that are perfectly pleased with how things are being handled.

As a slacker backer I am really glad that things are centered here on the forums; if things were all through Kickstarter I wouldn't get any notifications at all!

Hope you are having a great Friday :D

Wow, there are a lot of people on this thread that are special snowflakes...

Actually now that I read through there are only about 5 really loud people. So scratch that! :)

Chris, you guys are doing a great job, I know you have to apologize and try to calm the hoards but there is a silent majority that are perfectly pleased with how things are being handled.

As a slacker backer I am really glad that things are centered here on the forums; if things were all through Kickstarter I wouldn't get any notifications at all!

Hope you are having a great Friday :D

Thanks! Of course it's our intention that everybody be covered, regardless of whether they backed via KS or as a slacker. So we're going to continue to try and improve to that end.

Now maybe you can announce Broken Age on the front page of the Double Fine site and change the "Double Fine Adventure" buttons to "Broken Age". :)

This thread makes me sad. People seem to forget that a large part of this was the documentary to show what game development is like, meaning all of it, feedback and criticism are good, but bitching about who knew the name first is not helping, added it seems like RogerGermany missed tons of posts leading up to this. Stop being so self entitled, you aren't the only backer, and you're not helping.

This thread makes me sad. People seem to forget that a large part of this was the documentary to show what game development is like, meaning all of it, feedback and criticism are good, but bitching about who knew the name first is not helping, added it seems like RogerGermany missed tons of posts leading up to this. Stop being so self entitled, you aren't the only backer, and you're not helping.

The thread and especially some of the last posts makes me sad too. I only tried to explain why I was disappointed and asked about other opinions. I think I was polite and argued without getting personel ( I tried ). But now I am a special snow flake and self entitled.

But hey, in the end this thread had a positive effect for those that felt the same like me. We are getting information more frequently over Kickstarter. For all of you participated in this thread thank you very much that you helped to achieve that. I really appreciate all of the opinions (except the ones which had a personal taste).

Sign in to follow this