Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

Week of Double Fine on Gametrailers (Full Set!)

Hi people from 2P and Double fine,

You have said that today Tim will launch the first trailer for the Brogen Age game, during the GDC. But can you reveal also the time this event will take place? Also, will it become available, at the same time, to the site as well?

They did? That's probably the thing they're talking about for the GDC Awards then. I'd say watch the GDC Awards tonight, or if that's late for you, catch it tomorrow.

You have said that today Tim will launch the first trailer for the Brogen Age game, during the GDC. But can you reveal also the time this event will take place? Also, will it become available, at the same time, to the site as well?

They did? That's probably the thing they're talking about for the GDC Awards then. I'd say watch the GDC Awards tonight, or if that's late for you, catch it tomorrow.

I think it is stated clearly at the initial post of this thread (by 2P Productions). Though, probably if it is evening PST it would be too late for me in Greece (we are 9 hours ahead) :-(

When Tim hosted 2 years ago, they premiered the first trailer for Trenched/Iron Brigade. I think it appeared on the site and on YouTube and stuff right after the show wrapped.

Earlier this week I wanted to yell at you guys, because I red on a Dutch gamesite that you had publicly revealed that T.A.F.K.A.R (The adorableness formerly known as Reds) was renamed to "Broken Age". Why wasn't I informed earlier? It turned out I could have been, if I had checked this topic on time.

I was however a little disappointed to view mister Schafer reading forum replies in stead of the online petition for possible titles. I still think my suggestion "Coming of age" would have been great. "Broken Age" IS of course a fantastic name since it's multi-interpretable, but at first glance it's a bit to similar to "Broken Sword" for my taste.

Episode 9 being released in segments works very well for me. It somehow builds up more tension. Combined with a sidequest and a special treat for us backers, this is the best day so far since the project kicked off. Keep up the good work guys, can't wait to see the beta.

I hope that the final documentary would include Tim's and the teams thoughts on backer feedback and how it affected the product and their motivation on it.

WANT THIS. AS A DESKTOP. WANT WANT WANT THE PRETTY PRETTY :D

1920x1080

THANK YOU!

So many videos out suddenly, all over me :D

I'm sure OP will be updated, but the latest video has been posted on GameTrailers -

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/8ypqvy/broken-age-the-reveal---part-3

That's a nice early bit of the documentary -- thanks for linking it :D

Very cool to see the animatic version of the trailer -- Double Fine seems crazy strong when working on the one-week-defined-goal type thing.

Is that JP LeBreton doing one of the temp voices? Would be great to have an optional audio track in the final game, and hear Allison and JP in some parts of the game :). Or maybe in the beta?

PLEASE do this on the PC version at least. Temp voices would be fun! That's what cheat codes are for.

Its been close to a week but I still really dislike the title "Broken Age.” It actually bugs me. Though I guess if Tim likes it....

I felt the same way about Wii when it came out. I preferred worlds apart, along most of the forum, but do you think it makes much difference? I don't really.

Although something about that circled 'o' bothers me, like I've seen it used in a game logo before...zelda? lostwinds? it escapes me.

Still not a fan of the name either. It still reminds me too much of Broken Sword - it's like when The Asylum releases Hollywood knock-offs called Transmorphers and the like.

Just saw Part 4 and it was awesome. The scenes with Tim prepping onstage and backstage were really epic. Gave the trailer a whole other level of greatness.

You guys really outdid yourselves on the last part of The Reveal. Some great shots in that one! My excitement for the documentary was gradually being replaced for excitement about the game, but now I just can't wait for episode 9 to show up.

Love part 4 ... good to see the trailer had so positive response. Can't wait for Episode 9. Keep up the awesome work 2pp and df!

:)

Great work on the series this week! Today's was especially cool to see Tim's reaction as the project was revealed to the world.

I wish that we could see more 5 minute vignettes like this. As always, production is nice, but interesting content is king.

Has anybody a link to the full GDC 2013 award show with Tim Schafer? Seems i'm to dumb to find it on youtube :(.

Haha, seeing Phil Fish formally greet Tim was worth a giggle, if you remember the impersonation Tim once did of him. :D

Great conclusion to the Broken Age reveal week!

I laughed so many times during the GDC awards at Tim's jokes. Great job! As someone who generally reads the gaming news, I found all the inside jabs hilarious.

What an amazing feeling it must be to show a trailer for your game and get massive amounts of cheering and applause.

Finally got to watch all these in succession, and I am pretty excited for the game, and of course, the continuing documentary too! It was also really cool to hear the cheers when Tim asked how many backers were in the audience.

The teaser works pretty great I think. I love the train segment. It embodies tease.

Smiles

Sign in to follow this