Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

Week of Double Fine on Gametrailers (Full Set!)

Part 4 was one of the most touching moments in the documentary series.

Once again I'm reminded by Tim's and Greg's looks how creativity can be challenging and rewarding.

Unless Greg is drunk in that video.

I'm curious to see how Episode 9 will string these 4 parts together, and how it will be fleshed out, perhaps with interviews and content that goes more into details about things that wouldn't necessarily make sense to an audience that hasn't been following the whole documentary series.

I've followed every update so far and even I was surprised seeing the animation put in to those 2D models, real look fantastic! It all looked amazing before but that extra level of polish just puts it somewhere else. More than ever before I can't wait to play and get lost in Broken Age.

This week of videos and the trailer were really good. They've officially crossed me over from, "these videos are great and there's going to be a fun game at the end," to, "these videos are great and I need this game now and cannot wait any longer."

These videos are great. The build-up through the four parts that slowly gathers momentum until it culminates at the end of part 4 is just fantastic. I couldn't help but rewatch the end of part 4 for that cheer. Haha.

Keep up the good work, DF and 2PP.

Some epic shots.

EmD5yfn.jpg

FmsnTLA.jpg?1

aQCTxpa.png

I kind of liked these. Not sure why.

jw6tVP0.jpg

DrknDTA.png

Awaiting the audience response.

7Y7bcjP.png

Hears applause and cheers. Smiles.

9swt0JS.png

I just realized that the ground on one of the environments is basically a huge chocolate chip cookie. Amazing.

Haha, seeing Phil Fish formally greet Tim was worth a giggle, if you remember the impersonation Tim once did of him. :D

When and where was this?

And I agree with everyone else: The last episode in the miniseries was awesome, and the ending was brilliant and quite moving.

Haha, seeing Phil Fish formally greet Tim was worth a giggle, if you remember the impersonation Tim once did of him. :D

When and where was this?

End of episode 7, after the credits.

Sorry for being dense, just want to make sure. Episode 9 "Mini-Series" is not Episode 9 "Proper"? So there is still an official 9 coming?

Thanks!

Sorry for being dense, just want to make sure. Episode 9 "Mini-Series" is not Episode 9 "Proper"? So there is still an official 9 coming?

Thanks!

Episode 9 will contain footage from the mini-series and new content.

Episode 9 will contain footage from the mini-series and new content.

I was kinda wondering that too... thanks for the clarification. Loved the mini-episodes, can't wait to see the full episode 9!

I have to agree, part 4 is fantastic.

The cheers and applause bringing a nervous little smile to Tim's face is the most amazing moment that you've captured so far. With the music building just right in the background... Man, you guys nailed it!

As someone said in one of these videos.

It is kinda a game out of time.

But hopefully this will help to change this. Adventure point n click games will always hold a special place in my heart. Even more so these 2D or 2.5D because you the art is way more personal.

Even with the games Telltale have done in 3d, it just looks kinda generic. lacks details and such in the world.

But this game, the art style, the details. its just amazing.

This is gonna be one of these game, i have a feeling, im gonna start playing and im not gonna stop before its over, for me that only happens with very good games.

I really hope now that Double fine has gotten some experience and the tech in house, that they might consider more Point n click games. i mean hell im even for an old school one in pixel style ish. or something, no reason why you cant make a smaller game like say Machinarium simply amazing game. not to mention the music in that GAME, just blew my mind, one of the great experiences i've had since the Lucas Arts era.

I have to say, I started tearing up a bit in my eye during Episode 4... I really felt for Tim there, it must be such a nerve wrecking state to be in showing something off for the first time, not knowing how the crowd will react to it. Great work 2PP, looking forward to the next full episode!

I loved the mini-episodes. Fantastic finish to it as well, can't wait until the game is released!

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just curious, but why does the press get to see stuff before the backers, the people who paid money to make it happen? Shouldn't we, as backers, your publishers so-to-speak, get to see this stuff before the press does?

Don't get me wrong though. I'm certainly very grateful for all the work Double Fine is doing with the game and 2PP is doing with the documentary and the stuff for GameTrailers. This year has been a lot of fun and I've enjoyed the journey thus far. :)

Well, we got the trailer early. Has anything interesting been said that we didn't already know ?

Well, the GI guy looks like he got a partial walkthrough of the Cloud Colony section and he got to interact with it a bunch. We haven't been able to do that because I guess they're not in beta yet.

Whereas Jane Jensen sent out alpha builds of part of Moebius' first chapter for backers to play around with and bug test and provide feedback a couple weeks ago. They showed in one of the recent episodes that the double fine employees not working on the game got to play with an alpha build. Would be nice to let us play around with it too. *shrug*

Finally got around to watching these videos. Tim killed it at the awards show and it was a nice treat to see the trailer after sitting for 2 hours.

Finally got around to watching these videos. Tim killed it at the awards show and it was a nice treat to see the trailer after sitting for 2 hours.

You watched the entire awards show? That's dedication. :)

I did too, but I my attention wasn't 100% on it. I mostly watched it for the few glimpses of Tim, but also found out about some cool games I hadn't heard of before.

I did too, but I my attention wasn't 100% on it. I mostly watched it for the few glimpses of Tim, but also found out about some cool games I hadn't heard of before.

Ha! Were you the guy sitting next to me looking at his phone 90% of the time? It wasn't too bad except that Journey won about 45% of the awards in both the indie awards show and the game developer choice awards.

Ha! Were you the guy sitting next to me looking at his phone 90% of the time? It wasn't too bad except that Journey won about 45% of the awards in both the indie awards show and the game developer choice awards.

That's not true--Journey wasn't in the IGF at all. It wasn't nominated for anything in it. In fact, I don't think it's been in the IGF any year, since it wasn't independently developed.

That's not true--Journey wasn't in the IGF at all. It wasn't nominated for anything in it. In fact, I don't think it's been in the IGF any year, since it wasn't independently developed.

Hey Chris I saw you there! You are correct, it was all blending together. There were a lot games, however, that won multiple categories which is probably why my attention was slipping.

This trailer often manages to make some tears come out of me. I'm not an emotional or sentimental person, but I'm moved by beauty.

Sign in to follow this