Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cyrus

A question for Tim

Now that Broken Age is officially revealed, I just wanted to ask Double Fine one question... Originally, before the budget exceeded 400000 $, it was intended to be a "cute little game" reminiscent of Tim's old creations. Therefore I suppose the plot ideas Tim had in mind at this stage were quite different from the Broken Age concept. I would be really interested to hear about those ideas and about the originally intended graphic style.

If you look at the first (or possibly second) Doc episode he says that he didn't have any ideas for the game before the kickstarter ended, because he wanted to show people the whole game-making process

Now that Broken Age is officially revealed, I just wanted to ask Double Fine one question... Originally, before the budget exceeded 400000 $, it was intended to be a "cute little game" reminiscent of Tim's old creations. Therefore I suppose the plot ideas Tim had in mind at this stage were quite different from the Broken Age concept. I would be really interested to hear about those ideas and about the originally intended graphic style.

If I remember correct, Tim kickstarted from scratch. He had nothing in mind before, other than making a point & click adventure game. No scenario, nothing. He has said it many times.

If I remember correct, Tim kickstarted from scratch. He had nothing in mind before, other than making a point & click adventure game. No scenario, nothing. He has said it many times.

One other thing that was known in advance is that the game was going to be based on Bagel’s art. It wasn’t well advertised during the campaign short of Tim mentioning it in a few interviews and I think at the 30 minute discussion with Ron. But it was there.

Also, if you want to ask Tim personally a question is best you contact him through Twitter, than post here where he might not see it.

These initial posts are right--the scope of the game changed dramatically with the Kickstarter's unexpected level of success, but there were no story, characters, or world ready to go (and so nothing to change). Only the gameplay genre was known. The idea of the Kickstarter is that the documentary would show the ENTIRE process of a game's development, which includes the formation of its most fundamental concepts and ideas.

Sign in to follow this