Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
derm

Keyboard controls suddenly stop working

Can't seem to find info on this anywhere else but when I see a cave painting or enter the menu suddenly my keyboard ceases to function. I can't control or switch characters. The only fix seems to be to quit and start again.

I am on Win 7 64 Bit and 6 Gigs of ram.

Do you have any additional USB devices plugged in?

When this happens do you loose mouse function as well? Do you have a controller that you can try and see if that works to view the cave paintings?

Sorry for all the questions, but it will help in trying to figure out what is going on.

Mouse function stays, I used it to exit the game. Nothing hangs or freezes the characters act like they would if you weren't doing anything. I don't own a controller and no other USB devices are attached. I do have a Bluetooth connection to some speakers but I wasn't using the speakers at the time.

Just tried the game there again and they keyboard didn't lock. It looks as though the problem is intermittent rather than permanent, although it did happen the first 2 or 3 times I booted it up.

Thanks for the help.

On the Mac i sometimes experienced problems switching controls (controller to keyboard/mouse or the other way around). I solved this by pressing wildly several buttons/keys on the device i wanted to switch to at the same time for a few secs, felt good and did the job.

Sign in to follow this