Sign in to follow this  
Gorudo

Will Broken Age have some sort of savegame cloud syncing?

I find the idea of continuous gameplay among different devices to be very attractive, especially for those that are continually on the move and might not always be able to play exclusively on a single device. Will that be possible with Broken Age?

I find the idea of continuous gameplay among different devices to be very attractive, especially for those that are continually on the move and might not always be able to play exclusively on a single device. Will that be possible with Broken Age?

That is great question!

Ideally we would like to make that possible, but it is unfortunately pretty challenging once you want to support cross-platform cloud saves (outside of the Steam network). So unfortunately the answer is 'we aren't entirely sure yet', but we'll keep you guys posted.

Ah, makes sense. Hopefully you guys can work something out.

In my opinion for a game like this interchangeable save files are good enough. But then again i don't intend to play whilst switching between mobile and computer systems.

That is great question!

Ideally we would like to make that possible, but it is unfortunately pretty challenging once you want to support cross-platform cloud saves (outside of the Steam network). So unfortunately the answer is 'we aren't entirely sure yet', but we'll keep you guys posted.

I was under the impression that Moai had some framework in place for this, but if not then it's definitely not a trivial problem to solve.

I don't like the idea.. another account on another system.. i like it local..

Another System means ppl who check security, install updates, fix the hardware etc..

Broken Sword (this other broken adventure :)) has a nice Dropbox integration which allows to safe to/restore from ones DropBox account - in addition to the normal, local saves. I found that quite handy when syncing between my Android devices.

Interesting...

On one hand, cross-platform cloud saving would allow one to play a bit on the PC, then continue the game where they left off on their phone / pad. BUT, I've got a feeling that implementing this would require way more workload that it should, and then there'd be the need for users to put in some account details on every single device they have.

I think for a smallish point and click adventure game, this kind of feature is not really necessary. Sure it would be a nice touch, but really, rather than DF spending more time and resources on implementing such a complicated feature, it would be much easier for the user to simply play it on a single device, even if it means waiting until you get home from work for a couple of days.

I think for a smallish point and click adventure game, this kind of feature is not really necessary. Sure it would be a nice touch, but really, rather than DF spending more time and resources on implementing such a complicated feature, it would be much easier for the user to simply play it on a single device, even if it means waiting until you get home from work for a couple of days.

Pretty much this. :)

Since I got myself a surface pro, I've found having could based save systems (like with steam) very convenient, less barriers to me continuing my game on my preferred device (could be going from desktop to laptop, or Intel powered tablet etc)

even if steam could was the only option for such a feature, it would be very useful for me

I've always had problems with Steam consistently saving my games to the cloud. One moment I'll be playing a game on my tower, then later when I login to Steam on my laptop while I'm out and about it won't have the most recent iteration of the save file. : /

So honestly, I just use my own solution whereby I dump all the save files onto my Google Drive, sync those across computers, and symbolic link from those sync folders to where the game is actually expecting the save files to be. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass because you need to take a small bit of time to set it up, but whatever, I value consistency and that's what doing it that way gives me. I wouldn't care one way or another whether Broken Age uses Steam's cloud sync because I'd probably just turn it off and use my own method. I'd rather they focus on making the game itself top notch.

That is great question!

Reading this post makes me think of this:

I think having this feature would be awesome... that said... the likelihood of me actually using it is pretty low lol. I keep telling myself I'll use my tablet more and play games on my phone but it never happens.

That is great question!

Reading this post makes me think of this:

You did not just bring Ultima 9 into this....

Sign in to follow this