Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CaliEMT

iCloud wont sync between iPhone 5 & iPad 4th Gen

Hello,

I have been battling this problem for quite a long time. My iPhone has the save state I want to play but my iPad won't register the iCloud save. Both games have the same Game ID number, version, and build number. Initially I would save an iCloud game on my iPhone and try to load it on my iPad. When loading an iCloud game on my iPad it would bring up a super old game from when I first downloaded the game on my iPad (not when the game was accidentally released).

While troubleshooting, I recently turned off the "Documents & Data" option in the "iCloud" menu on my iPad and tried loading an iCloud save and as I expected it did not work. I then enabled the "Documents & Data" option, saved the game to the cloud on my iPhone and tried loading the game from the cloud on my iPad. This is the error I received on my iPad "Failed to load cloud save from iCloud. Please try again later."

Both my iPhone and iPad are saved to the same iCloud account. I can confirm this by looking at the name for my iCloud account. The email address is the same for both. Plus when I go to iCloud / Manage Storage, I can see my iPhone and iPad under the "Backups" section.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can get the iCloud save settings to work? I have played a significant amount of time, leveled my heroes quite a bit and have a bunch of superium saved up on my iPhone's save. I play most of my games on my iPad and it is a shame that I can't play this great game as often as I'd like.

Another note, I did try sending an in game help request about 3-4 weeks ago but sadly I never received a reply.

Cheers

Hi! Sorry you're having trouble with it. So have you done the following steps?

On your iPhone.

- enable Doctuments&Data; syncing

- In the opening menu, press iCloud Sync and select SAVE

- give it some time (< minute)

On your iPad

- enable Doctuments&Data; syncing

- In the opening menu, press iCloud Sync and select LOAD

- give it some time (< minute)

Hi,

Yes I have tried deleting and reinstalling on the iPad about 5 times over the course of the problem.

Ok, let's try this

- Reinstall the app

- Play through the tutorial and make sure the game saves

- Verify by closing and loading the game

- Reopen the app and select iCloud Save

- Reopen the app and select iCloud Load

let me know what happens.

Hi,

That made the iCloud save work again like it normally does but it brings back the standard problem I mentioned in my previous post where the save on my iPad is not the iCloud save on my iPhone. The new game (with 1 hero) comes up if I try to save to the cloud on my iPhone and then load on my iPad.

The save on my iPad is a fresh save game with 171 gold, 1 superium, a level 1 manager, and one level 1 hero. The save on my iPhone has 7,130 gold, 581 superium, a level 14 manager, and four level 7-9 heroes.

If Documents&Settings; is turned on for the iPhone, I'm not sure what else to try. We'll have to dig into our code to see what we can do. In the meantime, please send an email again to support from your iPad. We can send you matching currency and more so that you can at least be at parity to the iphone version. Sorry again that you're encountering this :(

Hi DF Kee,

Documents & Settings is turned on for the iPhone, I am also stumped. I do appreciate the customer service and I hope the problem can be eventually solved. It would be nice to be able to play on both devices. If there is anything I can do to help please feel free to send me a private message and I will gladly send any info needed.

Cheers

Sign in to follow this